Geography of Pax

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Geography of Pax

Post by Tav » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 am

Pax, as a new world, is quite unique in many ways. For one; Instead of being a single world, instead, it is two small planets, spinning in tandem, held together by their own gravitational pull.

Ana; the world of swamps, forests, and plains; This planet is very green and very alive. At night time, various plants and flora glow, bathing the world in a green luminescence. The predators here are fast, savage, and there are a great number of them. Fortunately, they only come out at night. Food and water are abundant here, but take care that you don't devour anything poisonous.

Kata; the world of desert, mountain, and tundra; This planet is cold, barren, and dark. It gets nearly no sunlight, due to living in Ana's shade; The only notable plant life are enormous mushrooms and fungi. Instead of oceans, Kata has large glaciers; The only way to gain drinkable water in this world is to find a Spring; warm water from near the core of the planet that bubbles upward. Springs appear seemingly randomly, and disappear after a few hours.

The Pass; The pass is a single barren moon made of an odd black material which is much heavier than it appears. It serves as a counterbalance for the spinning of the planets, and once a month, for a single hour, it orbits between the two planets, creating a rare gravitational event allowing lifeforms to travel from one planet to the other without need of spacecraft, a suit, or other protection from the cosmos.

Celestial Winds: Every new world, for the first few years of it's creation, it randomly pulls living beings of any kind from random worlds, into this one. Only sentient beings are pulled through the celestial wind, and said beings also take with them any material items they have on their person.

<hr />
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image</div>
<hr />
Last edited by Tav on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Geography of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 am

You know what, that's a brilliant idea, good thinking&#33; :D

Draconorn
Level 3
Level 3

Geography of Pax

Post by Draconorn » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Yes, it is an awesome idea&#33; Though I find it amusing that no one has landed on Kata yet XD I suppose in terms of story it would be a bit awkward.

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Geography of Pax

Post by Tav » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:55 am

Well, 'The Beginning' actually takes place on Ana, so some people could potentially land on Kata, or, if they were -very- unlucky, onto The Pass itself.

Savverz
Level 6
Level 6

Geography of Pax

Post by Savverz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:47 pm

So, Tavu, will you also be mentioning the celestial breezes and how they work? o 3o

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Geography of Pax

Post by Tav » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Celestial Winds has been added&#33; 8D

Savverz
Level 6
Level 6

Geography of Pax

Post by Savverz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:02 pm

About your signature...

If I knew I would die tomorrow, I'm be pretty freaking depressed and unmotivated to do anything. I'd just spend all day moping to my friends.

Live like if you don't have fun you'll die tomorrow.

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Geography of Pax

Post by Tav » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:27 am

Added a map&#33; With The Pass's path, and then two locations on each planet.