Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

CP's Notes: The Mirrorverse

Post by Coolpikaaa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:07 am

<small><small>STATUS: SEARCHING
RESULT: FOUND
WARNING: THIS FILE HAS BEEN MARKED AS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION, UNDER THE NATURE OF ALTERNATE UNIVERSE EXPLORATIONS.
DIALOGUE: PLEASE ENTER CREDENTIALS TO ACCESS TERMINAL.
ERROR: CREDENTIALS CANNOT BE VERIFIED TO CSS TERMINAL NETWORK.
ERROR: INSUFFICIENT CREDENT├» IAL¼ûS TO ACâ6=561CESS TER¥&#036;MAL.
EXCEPTION DETECTED
ACCESS ALLOWED

OPENING DOCUMENT "CPNOTES: Mirrorverse"</small></small>

As with most of my notes, this document is going to be very informal. Most of the information I have gathered second-hand, some even less reliable than that. Unfortunately, I wasn't present at the original crossover event... But I'll try my best here.

<big><big>Geography</big></big>
Probably the most immediate difference between the mirror universe and our own would be immediately and shockingly visible. The planet Ana, the home for the majority of life in our universe has been destroyed. Reduced to eight splinters, known as the eight moons of Kata, most are lifeless damaged ecosystems. From what I can tell, the cataclysm happened shortly after the establishment of The Encampment, preventing it from developing any further than the early stages. The celestial winds have continued to function from what I can tell, but unfortunately more than often drop someone alone on a planet splinter with a severely damaged ecosystem.

I think the problem might have been simply the design of our solar system. Gravitational stress from the incredibly close Kata probably ripped Ana apart. Why it happened over there, while our planets maintain a balance, I don't really know.

Speaking of Kata, without Ana blocking it's sunlight, it's safe to say it is at least slightly warmer than ours. But if it is anything like our Kata, the ice would have turned to ocean and the dynamics of the shattered planet probably plague it with violent tide changes, meteorites and equally rough storms. All in all... these people can't seem to catch a break.

<big><big>Notable Inhabitants</big></big>
The Manticore - A mythological beast, The Manticore is a violent, soulless monster that patrols the skies of shattered Ana. The main agent of The Collector in this realm, he is tied so closely with her, he uses the pronoun "we" far more than "I". His scorpion tail is full of immediately deadly venom, and murder isn't something he is squeamish of. What you'll likely notice of this monster (if you avoid a swift death), is that he looks very much like a living painting. You can actually see the brushstrokes that color his fur and arc up his tail. He was literally hand painted into existence by The Collector, so it's safe to say they won't be separating anytime soon.

Swix - In this universe, Swix's "good" split had always been the stronger sister. Creating a formidable team of heroics with Coolpikaaa, the duo conquered every evil with ease, saving the lives of countless citizens. Also an extremely accomplished healer, Swix had a reputation as a truly great person that always proceeded her. This all changed upon arriving in Pax. After being trapped inside a painting by The Collector, the evil entity toyed with her heroic duo for years, repainting their bodies into whatever she wished, and constantly creating helpless situations. "Killed" over and over, remade as though they were modelling clay, forced to do terrible things... Coolpikaaa's mind eventually snapped. Swix never gave up hope though, and eventually the Collector released them... without restoring their original forms. Swix was now a basilisk, a massive snake creature that immediately turned anyone unfortunate enough to glance at her eyes into lifeless stone. No longer able to protect citizens, and having turned her best friend Tetsu-ko into a statue rather than healing her, Swix went into seclusion.