The Moot

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Moot

Post by Swix » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Zila nodded as she took a seat opposite Maria, hands rested on her legs. "Your compliments are appreciated and returned Maria. Please, tell me what this is all about"

Meanwhile, in the room, Vis looked to the Draw before addressing them bluntly "Are you going to give us an answer to the proposal of paper for your blueprints, or do you just not believe us worthy of your time even in your desperate need?"

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

The Moot

Post by Jent » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 pm

"Well..." Instinctively trying to avoid the question, Maria showed a troubled look. "In my domain, there are various sorts of creatures; both large and small, that reside in the forest. Though, we have increasing difficulty with a particular group."

The high priest offered a featureless folder to Zila. Her arm quivered as it let go, hairs standing on end while she attempted to remain calm. "They call themselves Fir Bolgs. Standing on average at roughly thirteen meters, they're actively hostile to whoever roams near the campsites. My scouts identified over twenty locations inhabited by them."

Maria picked up a flask from the pouch on the ground. Both hands trembled as she slowly sipped from the nozzle, nervous at merely speaking of these people. "The Fir Bolg... have an unusual effect on certain members of my people. A town that laid near one of the settlements slowly started had people... vanishing. A few elite Wroth came to identify the reason for the disappearances. Where in a few days they captured someone fleeing their own home at night."

After apprehending the escape, the huldu violently lashed out at them. Alarmed at his strength, it took almost an hour to subdue him. It was considerably difficult for even a team of seven; given he had some sort of shape-shifting ability. His entire being grew to the size of an elephant, tossing around my guards like rag-dolls. We had no idea of the implications until we compared it to the recent guests of the grove."

The huldu transformed into a Fir Bolg!" Covering her mouth, she cursed silently at the sudden outburst. "Sorry, but sightings given by other residents reinforce the theory. Many noticed my people wandering off into secluded parts of the woods in a trance, and any that happen to intervene were met by the huldre's manic fits or Fir Bolgs charging out from nowhere. So far, rumors already started spreading through Huldrefolk towns. No one of the Wyrd sect found out the catalyst to this metamorphosis. Disease, possession, everything is coming up short."

Eyes watery, Maria faced Zila. "Please, we are in need of your assistance, in any manner. I cannot let my people suffer as I sit idly by in the temple."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Moot

Post by Swix » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Zila took the papers proffered by Maria, fully intending to glance over them whilst she talked more "Your people are being transformed from one thing to another against their will by an aggressor that won't talk to you? We probably can help, but, please can you explain to me why you think my Group in particular would be best to handle this?"

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

The Moot

Post by Jent » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:00 pm

"The considerations I've thought of mainly dealt with tracking, and negotiations with the Fir Bolg," she indicated with a copy of the folder in her hands. "Through an informant, we were able to secure vital details concerning the transmogrified huldre, namely that they have some sort of objective in mind."

"As noted by him, Treberi, he spoke that the Fir Bolg argument the techniques my kind typically use when hiding. Whether this is true or not, none of us found any of them purposely except for trailing an afflicted huldre. Zila, I believe your kind's history in itself a valuable asset to understanding this situation."

Maria procured a weird flask from her satchel. Jostling the liquid contents together, tiny white threads woven themselves in a braid whilst suspend in the amber-colored solution. "We would need to use a less magical approach to detecting a lone one out, probably with either scent or heat sensation. After, securing information from it, we can devise a plan concerning the rest of them. With your advanced knowledge in shape-shifting, it might be possible to even reverse the transformation entirely."

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Moot

Post by 3kul » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:35 pm

Parakee was neither used to nor particularly enthusiastic about being ignored by fellow representatives. It was not unusual for representatives to leave the public forum for private negotiations, but that didn't mean that he had to be happy about it. What was the point of being in a meeting where nobody wanted to talk with you?

"I'll be retiring to my quarters until all of the representatives return." He said, standing abruptly. "I've plenty of colourful birds to liase with from the Quetzan Empire if none of the dull individuals here can appreciate my company." He stalked out of the room in a huff, wishing to convey his displeasure as clearly as possible.

Thus far it felt like this Moot had been a complete waste of his time; aside from proving himself superior to the Draw representative (which was so obvious that no Quetzan would view it as a worthwhile achievement) he really had not achieved much that would win him any accolades from the Empire.

((If you want to progress this RP without me please feel free to. I'll reserve the right for Parakee to burst back into the meeting at the most inconvenient time ;) ))
Last edited by 3kul on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

The Moot

Post by Jent » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:51 pm

"Exactly, 'Leader', making us two wait for your decision is tiresome. I might add that someone else might-"

"I'll be retiring to my quarters until all of the representatives return. I've plenty of colourful birds to liaise with from the Quetzan Empire if none of the dull individuals here can appreciate my company."

Watching Parakee depart from the Moot for time being, Skathi sighed. "Appears this is becoming a smaller gathering than I anticipated. Quetzan are on leave, the New Terran Republic are non-responsive, and now the Draw are doodling about. Is there something you would wish to ask of me instead, Vis?"
Last edited by Jent on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Moot

Post by 3kul » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:54 am

No sooner than he had left was Parakee bursting back into the room in a panic. He was significantly less dignified than before, having split some particularly vibrant beverage on his already vibrant clothes (which, sadly, clashed terribly with his ensemble). He had with him what looked to be a large and colourful quilt. It seemed quite awkward for him to carry alone, but his deputy and other staff where nowhere to be seen.

"Stop the moot! Listen to me!" He squawked, demanding the attention of the room. "The glorious Quetza Empire is in peril!" He unfurled the quilt across the table to reveal that it was an exquisitely crafted yet horrendously gaudy map of the Quetzan Empire. "All of our major cities are under siege by radicals!" He shrieked, pointing to several obnoxiously large and brilliant gemstones which were obviously meant to represent these locations. "The filthy cretins are blotting out our beautiful skyline with their ships, and their twisted agents have wormed their way into our precious cities and brainwashed a number of our... brethren into turning against us."

He stood up and straightened several of the more wildly out-of-place feathers on his head, slowly recomposing himself. He was a representative of the very best that his civilization had to offer, and he needed to act like it. "We require urgent military support, both from the air and on the ground. Who among you will help the Quetzan Empire in its hour of need?" He took his time to look at each attending representative in turn, wanting to make it perfectly clear that he was seeking support from each of them.

((As mentioned in Pax Instant I'd like to try bumping this thread with some plot - feel free to jump in if you're interested in continuing :) ))
Last edited by 3kul on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Moot

Post by Swix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Vis stared at Parakee, who'd burst in whilst he was considering the huldras question and slightly tilted his serpentine head as he considered this information whilst the strange avian just kept on talking.

Zila nodded to Maria in the private room, thinking things over "Of course, many Reptiloids are highly skilled at what you need but we'd naturally require something from you in return - did you hear that?"

Zila hurriedly walked out of the room when she heard Parakees panic, then stood behind Vis as he explained to them what was going on without exactly explaining. "Troops are far harder to replace and raise Parakee" she folded her arms, tail twitching "There is nothing tying our people together, so I see no reason to rush and commit my peoples lives to a cause we have nothing to gain in. That being said, the Reptiloids are no strangers to ground combat or war itself. We could bolster your troops... If you give us something worth our while. Information on your kinds genetics might sway me. Of course, I'm open to other offers, if you have any"

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Moot

Post by 3kul » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Parakee turned his head towards Zila as she spoke, his neck twisting at an almost sickening angle as he pondered her interest. Reptiloids... Would they be enough to tip the balance? What did his files say about them again? He couldn't rely on Figbee now, so the Quetzan representative had to make do with vague recollections of the various factions that had gathered here.

Their culture was a highly competitive one, as he recalled, although the Reptiloids were not the strongest, nor the most colourful (which as far as Parakee was concerned was just as valid a point to consider as strength). Quetzans were undoubtedly superior, however he also recognized that Reptiloids were not to be considered as the weakest or the most bland of their kind either. Yes, they would serve the Quetzan Empire well, however their request was difficult for him to understand. He understood the basic concept of genetics, but did not understand how this could be important to anybody. Perhaps they only sought to admire the magnificence of Quetzan evolution, or perhaps they sought to mimic the Quetzans as the Draw wished to do? Unfortunately he did not recall what value the Reptiloids placed on this sort of thing, nor what they would do with it... But could he really afford to hesitate now, when his Empire was counting on him?

Perhaps a more virtuous bird would have torn out his own feathers to gain the support of the Reptiloids, but Parakee was selfish and vain, and being distant from the attack on his homeworld, did not feel the same sense of urgency as those currently suffering from it might. Allowing another species to unlock the genetic secrets to the vibrant colours that granted his people supremacy over all others was a heretical idea that he simply could not permit.

Just as Parakee was thinking he would have to refuse Zila's demands, he considered the possibility that, perhaps, this did not have to be? There were the 'lesser' Quetzans, who had no colours worth speaking of... They were completely expendable in Parakee's eyes, and nobody would care if anybody sought to reproduce their genetic sludge. "I would be willing to provide you with samples from select Quetzans of my choosing for your perusal in exchange for your support." He tilted his head to one side, then grinned, a rather violent look crossing his face. Who was to say that he could not also offer something that was not technically his to offer, as a deal sweetener? "Of course, you would also be most welcome to the bodies of as many of our enemies as you desire. We would permit you to consider them as your spoils of war, and turn them over to your kind living or dead, in pieces or whole, whatever is most suitable to you..."
Last edited by 3kul on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

The Moot

Post by Jent » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:51 am

"Hear what?" Maria spoke unsteadily, quickly joining the Reptiloid back to the main room, worried of what might have happened. "Oh deary, I hope no one got hurt."

Together, the huldre present paid heed to the exchanges made, each reacting differently than the next. To the most simple, Carl, savvy in fine points of war, pressed hard in the back of his mind for proper feedback. Even a body-guard could be well-versed with expertise besides serving their master (mistress in this case). The huldu scratched his head in anticipation for another's impulsive reply, though all around him patiently waited for the deal proposed to Parakee to be answered. Much to his displeasure. Why again was he here again, only to be a doormat for the constant berating of the high priest's aunt stern remarks?

The twins were privy to their discussion. Mana and Solvieg, while far from knowledgeable in these matters, had a unique advantage to the rest standing in the room: their shared minds. Back and forth the tossed the ball, vigorously debating a view's understanding, cross-examining it in full to better read a potential value gained through their stares. The while, relaying a spliced viewpoint to Maria, nudging her to pick up an important details she wouldn't otherwise have noticed. ~Mention the Wander Sect?~ ~Yes, they be most useful in regards to the Reptiloids.~

"Parakee Toucaw XVI, I'm not so sure our kind be reliable in your-"

"Alva 'Maria' Idfure, let me settle the plans in place of your judgment."

Skathi barged past the meek huldra's sentence, determined to reap the rewards of this hopefully worthwhile enterprise. These pragmatic avians might hold the keys to her kind's accession to a new era, provided they were prodded at the right moments. "Our high priest, as humble she may be, is ill-advised in the trials of warfare given her naive youth," answered in earnest. "I, the Grand Hunter of the most prestige guild in the Huldrefolk capital, lead ahead to battle against the smallest race, to the largest battle. As the respected Zila of the Reptiliods mentioned to you, we also would require compensation for work, but in-addition we can provided more than mere muscle."

Extending out her hand to the map, the huldra's limb manifested the appearance of scales enshrouding her skin, talons dancing across gemstones as she spoke. "A reliable ruse to rustle a rebellion is to rend the roots," Skathi cooed, her reptilian tail unsheathing from her garments as it swayed alongside the floor in glee. "Naturally, those of the Whimwham sect, complete with foxy traits of stealthiness, are quite adept at concealing the most blatant truths in lies of glamour. Just the notions of doubt may spell an early doom for your troubles. That ways, there be no need for any bloodshed to soil Quetzan Emperor's good name, am I right."

Toying with time, she broke the silence before a rebuttal could be finalized by the other faction. "Assuming, of course, that the riots are sown from non-violent pedigree. If this indeed as important as you make it to be, Parakee, then a blitzkrieg be in your best interest," the huldra gave a toothy grin, attempting to best the cruel crookedness of the bird-man. "Spear-heading the attack, a personal squad trained by myself will strike in the sky. Aided by the aerial advantage, the flight of Wroth Huldre will score a series of holes within the ranks of their ships, overseeing the shock troops below maintaining synergy of those above. The exact number of troops can be discussed upon the up-to-date intel of the radicals' current size. As the last thing I would like to befall you is heralding animosity between your close kin due to excessive troops marching in the cities."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Moot

Post by Swix » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:10 pm

"Naturally those who declare a war or a rebellion must be prepared to pay the price for it" Zila said, flicking her reptilian tail in an irritated manner. Skathis show of a very small display of shapeshifiting didn't faze her at all, but the fact that the Huldra appeared to think she was better at the very thing all Morphffers had been through consistently in their evolution made her angry.

However, the violent look that had crossed the Quetzans eyes hadn't gone unnoticed either. Zila smiled at the bird "We find your offer acceptable Parakee, and I would be happy to bring the star ships we have gained from my contacts among the Amphibians into the fray"

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Moot

Post by 3kul » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 pm

"Most excellent!" Parakee responded to both Zila and Skathi. That allies should fall over themselves to aid the Quetzan Empire was further proof of its superiority - not that Parakee needed it.

"There will be ample opportunities for both trickery and bloodbaths." Parakee assured the crafty Skathi. "Our enemy is... old. We are very familiar with them, but this attack goes far beyond anything that they should be capable of. Their actions emboldened those who do not see the Empire for the glorious beacon of civilization that it is." He said this with a scowl, slamming his taloned hand into the table. "They are not worthy of our Empire." He snarled, more to himself than anybody else.

But now was not the time to be drawn into such dark thoughts. Now was the time for action.

Parakee swept back around to face his two key backers. He directed their attention to the map, which showed a circle of gems around a much larger one in the middle. "The enemy swept over all of the outer cities at once. They have since been launching a sustained attack on our capital," he pointed at the centre gem as he said this. "But they have yet to take control, so we will secure it before they can. After the capital is safe, we will sweep outwards and take back every city." His plan lacked any real military precision, perhaps a reminder to those present that Parakee was a diplomat and a politician rather than a general.

"Figbee! Get me..." He called out to his deputy, then stopped himself. His eyes darted between the doorway and the others at the moot, before he pulled a pen and a glittery card from his pocket. "This includes the coordinates to our capital. I ask on behalf of the Quetzan Army that you send your troops and ships as soon as possible to join our army." He handed the card to Zila - it was a card that looked almost like a birthday invitation, only the greeting read 'We're off to war! Won't you join us?' Curiously, it also specified a dress code of 'bright as the glorious Quetzan Empire!'

He handed a similar card to Skathi. "As I stated Grand Hunter, we will require the aid of your Whimwhams and Wroths. What would you ask of the Quetzan Empire in return?"

((I had to rewrite this post three times thanks to my computer crashing each time! It's not as good as before but I'm rather keen to move on from this state of limbo :/ ))