Christmas Presence

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Christmas Presence

Post by Coolpikaaa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:17 pm

CP soon enough found himself shrinking back to his normal body shape, almost immediately after the terrible tree's tumble. He could feel the power leaving his muscles... and then more so. The little electric mouse was left immediately exhausted, and had to lean against the wall so he didn't slip down the stairs.

He could hear DP say something about getting up, but it was muffled and distant. By the time CP tried to reply, the God that had left him in such a state had already left. That was fine too... He could close his eyes for half a second and recover. He just needed a minute...
[Br]
Coolpikaaa's eyes snapped open in a panic. That was definitely longer than one minute. The little electric mouse stumbled down the steps of the bar in a frenzy, looking around the empty building that was usually so full of life. What was happening here? Who would do something like this?

Turning around, CP noticed his earlier way of thinking the bar was empty was wrong. By the fire was a half frozen barmaid, desperately trying to thaw out her legs.

"Nym!" The mouse shouted, dashing over to help in any way he could. "Omigod. What happened?! What do you need?!"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Christmas Presence

Post by Swix » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:31 am

The Horn and Halo

Nym looked from Priscus to CP in a fluster, more panicked than she was before after seeing the homunculus. "I... that thing you took down, I got caught by its frost breath. I can't feel my legs at all! What if they're dead CP, what if I can't ever use them again and they fall off?" Nym swallowed. What if they fell off and she got 'too' hungry... "I've got to thaw them out.... Why don't you answer me, clone?" Nym says as she looks at Priscus "What are you?!"

<hr />

The Forest

The horned stranger grinned, showing off sharp teeth to the Jentil "Correct on all counts, so you at least remember... a pity my card didn't slow you down further" Krampus shifted the sack he was carrying on his back, it wasn't quite empty, there were some very small things in it "This really is a conversation we should be having back at The Encampment"

The creature turned to continue making his way towards the settlement.

<hr />

The Encampment

Thanks to the collective efforts of Thorn-Dancer, DP, Blackfoot, Grathon and the various now freed warriors the festive monsters ranks were starting to dwindle now, the settlement littered with their remains - some of which included actual tinsel and Christmas lights, or dormant trees where DPs Sanity Blade had cut through them. The only creatures that were really causing any major problems now we're the Christmas Cobras, their numbers dented but now the most numerous of the creatures.
Last edited by Swix on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Christmas Presence

Post by Jent » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:08 am

The Horn and Halo

The imitation of the rodent gave the half-frozen women and an odd glance, not pleased being here. Had this been a non-lethal injury, he already toss the keys to the goat sleigh and be off. Sure complicates things when harboring the soul of a meek human inside. "I-I am not a clone, miss. I am my own being," Priscus stuttered beside Coolpikaaa, clasping his paws together in a miffed manner. "Really, if you want clones, you should just ask though."

The number of 'pikas circling her tripled in a golden flash. Panting, Priscus and the fellow solid forms near him stretched out their tails out above them, hanging between their ears like fish-hook. "Stay still, a fire can only melt it so fast," an echoing order spoke to the barmaid. Where the group of five with their collective strength tilted Nym's lower half closer to the flames, all the while the tails vibrated violently against the ice. If bees can keep warm through buzzing, then why can't homunculi?

--

The Forest

The Jentil marched with Krampus. "Yes, a pity," he answered apathetically, tilting his head at the stunned huldra that they walked past. She, unable to comprehend his recent one-eighty, slowly trailed after them. Solveig in a mind-link to the distortionist bombarded him as many questions she could muster, trying to confirm why Jent acted so causal to the goat-ish adversary that confessed he was the one who sent the fey swarm.

~Solveig, I'm patching you in with that link. Stay here and keep alert for her voice while I go back to settle this.~

--

The Encampment

The clay-type dual held up fairly well against most of the volley Krampus sent to the Encampment, but not all. Fey pinned down by softened globules of earth to immobilize, reindeer riddled with sharpened quills all over, even the trees were smashed to glittery pieces by either of them. However, one too many shocks to the side worried Grathon. "Can't let my joints freeze up now."

Covering the weakness, the claymolder merged himself to the giant porcupine to rectify this. Roaring at a trio of cobras approaching, the construct pulled in its creator, tallying both of their strength as the combined form mowed the serpents down.
Last edited by Jent on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Christmas Presence

Post by Swix » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:12 pm

The Horn and Halo

Nym might've seemed scared before, she was suddenly terrified beyond measure when the clones touched her and tilted her towards the fire. The clones though, thankfully, turned out not to be what she was so afraid of and were in fact helping. She could feel the buzzing warming her up much faster than the fire was. Nym gulped again, still scared but less so than before. "I'm glad you're your own being, that means more to me than you know"

<hr />

The Forest

Krampus shifted the sack he was carrying on his back again as he and the Jentil walked back to The Encampment, the creature glowed at Solveig as they passed her. However, the horned beast did nothing else towards the huldra. "You are certainly far more calm and composed than I imagined you would be, Jent"

<hr />

The Encampment

Nearby the Floran a woman dressed all in brown leather armour battled with a Christmas Cobra, sporting of all things a light green helmet with gargoyle wings on the top. The womans hair that showed underneath in strands was purple, as were her eyes. She wielded a long, thin, almost rapier like sword and a large kite shield with the tiny insignia of some house or other emblazoned in the middle. "Watch out&#33;" Starling called to the plant lady when the ice creature pulled back it's head to spit icicles at the Floran, before rolling in front of the attack and raising her shield to catch the barbs on the front of if, where they pinged off and harmlessly landed on the floor. "You seem like a capable warrior, plant creature, but we're not finished yet" Starling told Thorn-Dancer, by way of greeting in the midst of a battle.

Mage of Mist
Level 4
Level 4

Christmas Presence

Post by Mage of Mist » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:29 pm

The Encampment

Thorn-Dancer’s head snapped to the Christmas cobra when Starling called, and went to try and dodge but stopped when Starling blocked the attack. The Floran smiled happily to what she thought was a compliment.
“Floran’ssss battle would have ended if you not jump in†She said cheerfully, then looked to the Christmas Cobra “Floran been forming sssstrategy in battle... Think it bessst to attack thossse tinsssel... Thingssss at a dissstance†Thorn explained as she watched it “It fassst, usssess ssstrong projectilesss and body freeze thingsss upon contact... Melee not bessst idea. If melee, try to go for head, hopefully it not be able to live without itâ€

At that, Thorn-Dancer got out her longbow and arrows again “Floran will watch back, Floran owe friend†She spoke with a smile as she sidestepped from behind Starling and shot at the Christmas Cobra.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Christmas Presence

Post by Jent » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:17 pm

The Horn and Halo

The group nodded collectively, Nym's compliment having them become more accepting of their current situation. "Thank you, Miss. It shouldn't take much longer at this rate," the homunculus's reverberating voice said, barely audible over the humming of the quivering tails. Priscus, observing the effects of the flames, tugged the barmaid away from the fireplace. The circulation of heat given off by him seemed to help much faster in melting the ice.

--

The Forest
"You are certainly far more calm and composed than I imagined you would be, Jent."

"Yes, it does appear to be as such," the Jentil replied, taking a passing glance of the sack Krampus carried, thinking. In his nonchalant stride, the wanderer kept his senses tuned on the being, as one couldn't be less weary of a creature known for collecting 'naughty children.' Until proven otherwise, that sack might be crucial later on. "You and the Collector both seem quite eager at laying waste to this town."
Last edited by Jent on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Christmas Presence

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:16 pm

DP kept up the attack - purposely staying away from the Cobras. That is until he ran out of enemies. There were literally the cobras left. Well, he still had a job to do. He went back and forth, jabbing and slashing. He almost got frozen several times, but just barely dodged. Once was about to do the deed when an arrow pierced it's head. Yet another was taken down with Blackfoot - riding what appeared to be a now-tamed snake, took it down.

Finally it appeared that they were clear - somehow.

DP Yelled out. "Muster in front of the Horn and Halo and Sound off&#33; Who do we have left, and who is injured. I'd be surprised if this is the end of it."
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Christmas Presence

Post by Swix » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:08 am

The Horn and Halo

Nym's terrified look at being so close to the fire faded a lot once Priscus tugged her away, but there was enough non threatening heat coming off the beings buzzing that the ice started melting far faster. Nym gulped, watching the water from the outside of the ice block run off onto the floor. This was either going to go really well and the ice hadn't done too much damage, or it was going to go really badly and the ice had done a lot of damage. She really hoped it was the former, because she might have to end up doing something drastic if it was the latter.

<hr />

The Forest

Krampus tilted his head sideways, in such a way it was a surprise that his huge horns didn't make him stumble. "Do we now?" he said as they got very close to the Encampment "And why do you think that is?"

<hr />

The Encampment

Starling snapped her head towards the man that was yelling at them to meet in front of The Horn and Halo, the woman had no idea who this was but that seemed like as good an idea as any "Come on - Floran, was it?" she said, indicating the plant should follow her "The Inn is this way" she told Thorn-Dancer before running off towards the Horn and Halo.

It wasn't long before the Werewolf, covered in blood and missing a few clumps of fur showed up in front of the place, soon followed by Syllak whose armour looked no better and a very agitated golden Fire - lizard that jumped into existence from between and flitted from side to side above their heads, her eyes swirling angrily red.

((I sent you a PM DP ;) ))
Last edited by Swix on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mage of Mist
Level 4
Level 4

Christmas Presence

Post by Mage of Mist » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:48 pm

The Encampment

Thorn looked in the direction of DP's voice with a puzzled look, then looked to Starling and nodded "If in big group, lessss likely to be attacked or caught by ssssuprissse" She said, going to join the group gathering in front of the Horn and Halo.
She then saw the fire lizard that kept vanishing and reappearing, and thus Thorn decided to go to the opposite side of the group to the side the mini dragon was... Not wishing to become a pile of ashes if the agitated fire lizard ended up breathing some small flames.

Though she was very curious about the other many beings gathering in front of the inn, now was not the time for asking questions... That she happened to have MANY forming in her head.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Christmas Presence

Post by Jent » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:17 am

The Horn and Halo
Nym's terrified look at being so close to the fire faded a lot once Priscus tugged her away, but there was enough non threatening heat coming off the beings buzzing that the ice started melting far faster. Nym gulped, watching the water from the outside of the ice block run off onto the floor. This was either going to go really well and the ice hadn't done too much damage, or it was going to go really badly and the ice had done a lot of damage. She really hoped it was the former, because she might have to end up doing something drastic if it was the latter.

Panting, the homunculus griped to himself as the tails resumed the beating of heated air. Even for a skilled distortionist such as himself, Priscus could only maintain the altered state for only so long without tiring out. He stared at the expanding puddle, noticing his furry feet getting soaked by the melted ice, chilling him slightly. "Keep calm," he tried to reassure Nym. "It wont... be much longer.."

---

The Forest

"And why do you think that is?"

The Jentil calmly replied to the antagonistic being in his slow stride. "Besides greed, any other reasonable guess would be sheer schadenfreude," he assumed, watching carefully ahead as the surroundings became more familiar. Besides the occasional beep from his watch, Jent took no further action as he continued his journey to the Encampment.

---

The Encampment

Kemosabe's engorged form lumbered wearing as it heard the Dark Psycho's voice among the chaos. "Nanana?" The automaton gargled, directing its attention towards the the Inn. Quivering, the clay porcupine shook aside the numerous debris that clung to its body, not wanting to dump it on the other warriors as it approached the destination spot.
Last edited by Jent on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Christmas Presence

Post by Swix » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:00 pm

The Horn and Halo

Nym swallowed, nodded and watched the ice melting faster now, wondering if she should be feeling anything yet.

The Encampment

"Interesting answer" the goat like being said as they came closer to the settlement, being just as aloof as he was now. "Although the short answer is I'm not trying to lay waste to your precious settlement, this was all one big distraction..." Krampus admitted as they walked, the sack seeming to gain more mass on the inside even though all he'd done was shift it.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Christmas Presence

Post by Jent » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:09 pm

The Horn and Halo

Distorting the claws in his paws, the homunculus and group gripped tightly at the wooden floor, last thing he need was to fall flat on his face. "You holding up Miss?" Priscus groaned, his tail dulled in sensation by lack of proper blood flow. The vessel Grathon and Tages constructed for him held up best for rapid transformation and teleportation, rather than fanning a chuck of ice away. Sooner or later he would a something to 'shock' him out of the daze that crept over him

The Encampment

Even numb to the of passion of striking the goat-being outright for his misdeeds, as the Jentil would normally have, his eyes still noticed the change of sack's weight too. "You don't say?" the immortal callously called out, "every other other invader has done far more damage than you, Krampus, every one. If still there was one that did a far less debilitating distraction, I still wouldn't find it wise for them to casually walk back to the Encampment when its people are a midst of a fiery as grand I might imagine them to be now."
Last edited by Jent on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Christmas Presence

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:25 pm

DP looked at his gathered hoard - no - army.

"Warriors - ", DP started, then stopped. He looked to someplace beyond the Encampment, feeling an all too familiar presence.

Seeming to decide something, he looked back to the crowds. "Warriors&#33; Evil has returned to Pax, and it seeks to corrupt this Holiday to it's own purpose&#33; I tell you this&#33; We will not let this happen&#33; Why? Because we are Pax, and we fight back&#33; We will destroy this evil and defend our homelands&#33;"

He stepped towards the group, and addressed Syllak directly.

"Set aside three of our best warriors to accompany me. Then divide the rest and send them out to anyone who has not been accounted for to see if they need aid. DO NOT send anyone out alone - not tonight."
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Mage of Mist
Level 4
Level 4

Christmas Presence

Post by Mage of Mist » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TheDarkPsycho</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"Warriors&#33; Evil has returned to Pax, and it seeks to corrupt this Holiday to it's own purpose&#33; I tell you this&#33; We will not let this happen&#33; Why? Because we are Pax, and we fight back&#33; We will destroy this evil and defend our homelands&#33;"[/quote]
Thorn listened quietly to the speech, this wasn’t her ‘homeland’ however she liked the idea of destroying evil. “Floran may not be from Pax, but Floran will fight&#33;” She said happily, eager to fight whatever DP noticed beyond the encampment.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TheDarkPsycho</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"Set aside three of our best warriors to accompany me. Then divide the rest and send them out to anyone who has not been accounted for to see if they need aid. DO NOT send anyone out alone - not tonight."[/quote]
Thorn smiled happily and held up an arm and started jumping up and down excitedly “Floran bessstessst hunter, make good warrior&#33; Good with bladessss and bow&#33;” She explained, hoping to be picked. “Alsssso work well in group&#33;” Thorn added.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Christmas Presence

Post by Swix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 pm

The Horn and Halo

Nym frowned, watching the water run freely off her legs now the ice was much warmer, watching it seemed her careful disguise melt as well. "Not all that well, to be entirely honest..." Nym admitted, looking more and more uncomfortable and then finally in pain as the ice finally fully melted. Just a bit above her knees, where the ice had met her body the limbs seemed to have begun to deteriorate, almost melting themselves where the ice crystals had damaged all of Nyms strange cells and turned them into a mush. This however revealed that Nym wasn't a Split, wasn't even humanoid, underneath her 'skin' and 'clothing' were opaque purple cells of goo. The damaged lower half of her body was reverting back into its natural state, and a nearly all consuming, terrifying hunger crept up on her. Nym stared at the mess and then at Priscus "Please don't tell anyone" she begged, before her entire body turned purple and she threw her 'torso' on top of the damaged cells, to try and reabsorb them.

<hr />

The Encampment Edge

"Is that so, Jent? Well, there's only one reason for me to do that really, don't you think? Either I am supremely arrogant-which may be true-or I actually have plans already in motion even as we speak. Although your finding me has proven quite bothersome, and rather... boring. It's pleasing that you know who I am however... even more so that you can't seem to make the connection" Krampus' dark red eyes seemed to sparkle for a moment as he stopped on the very edge of the settlement, sack filling almost full now.

<hr />

The Encampment

The warriors left listened to DPs speech, some even joining in with Thorn when she called out about being willing to fight, many of them rather angry. Once Syllak was given the instructions, the draconian turned to the 'army' to scan the group for the best warriors. Immediately her eyes fell on the Floran, jumping up and down excitedly. The sivak smiled behind her helmet and pushed up her visor. "Enthusiastic young warrior aren't you?" the silver scaled reptilian asked Thorn rhetorically, thinking. This one had initiative and enthusiasm and was likely new to Pax, judging from the enthusiasm rather than anger that seemed to be coursing through her, but- "It's true" Starling interrupted, moving through the ground to stand near the Floran and removing her gargoyle winged helmet so she could talk clearer "This one was helping me fight, she's a very skilled warrior"

Starling Syllak knew, they had sparring matches from time to time, so the sivak nodded. "Very well, Floran shall accompany the Lord Psycho, as well as the clay molder" Syllak nodded towards the automaton Kemosabe "and you" she said, looking to the gargoyle on top of the Christmas Cobras back. She didn't know Blackfoot, but he was the only one that had managed to tame one of the snakes. Plus, seeing one of these creatures might well spook the people the other warriors were looking for.

"I will look for those who live further out" Tala told Syllak, with the Fire-Lizard flitting down to land on the Werewolfs shoulder and chirping loudly. Syllak nodded once, and the lycanthrope was off, shifting into the Wolf form to better run on all fours and howling as she entered the Forest to call Wolf to follow her. That done, Syllak set about splitting the rest into small groups to go and check on those that were missing. It looked around half of the population, the draconian really hoped they were just hiding.

((There you go folks, divided. Although, since I didn't really want to end up fighting myself there wasn't that much doubt who'd be picked, right? :P))
Last edited by Swix on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.