A Place of Learning

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

A Place of Learning

Post by Borg12345 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Dr Don Romero walked his newly acquired grounds. They were vast, grand, open... and little more than an enormous pile of rubble. Ahh, but the good doctor had a plan for this pile of rubble, a grand plan indeed! He stood roughly in the middle, carefully treading around muddle puddles, and envisioned the future.

A grand hall. High ceilings. Books, books as far as the eye could see. Maybe nice fountain in the quad. Dr Romero envisioned... Pax University. A hub for all who sought education in the world, a scholarly capital, a scientific community... all of these things. Of course the magical properties of Pax could not be denied, in fact with enough research the magics of Pax may well be explained, in time.

There was a slight problem though. Dr Romero was just one man. Building a university, well that would require a great many people. People who could get stuff done! Preferably for the price of a cup of tea. And the thought he knew just the place.

Doors fly open. A suited man in a crooked hat strolls inside. He walks up to a bar, and loudly announces to all in the tavern:

"Hello there fellows! I'm looking for some... assistance!"
Last edited by Borg12345 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

A Place of Learning

Post by Jent » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Tinka Tonks scooted around on her seat to look upon the stranger who announced his presence to the fellow patrons. She had a glass of water held firmly in her tiny little hand, standing no taller than three feet high in stature, yet her mind processed in the manner of an adult than the child she appeared to be.

"What kind of assistance?" she spoke out first among the group, her blond-hair tucked neatly into a bun of the Dollamancer garbed in casual denim jeans and a sturdy green vest over a white shirt. She might be a Caster unlike the fellow inquiring to the likely drunken audience, though her talent of fabrication raw Motion into inanimate works potentially could show some promise in his field.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

A Place of Learning

Post by Borg12345 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Upon hearing the question, Dr Romero spun to face her and pointed his cane.

"A fantastic question!" He exclaimed. "I have recently acquired a large amount of land, and I wish to build a grand building... a university!"

The Reanimator strolled over and handed Tinka Tonks a small and battered leather-bound book, flipping through anatomy sketches and notes to find something in particular. The pages how showed her were also covered with sketches and notes, this time about building materials, room plans and areas of study.

"This world is truly fascinating, don't you think? There is so much to learn, and so much to discover! I want to create a place where students all over the worlds of Pax can come and expand their knowledge, and where experts in the many possible fields of study can expand our knowledge!" He explained, beaming away.

"However, I am only one man. Now labourers aren't a problem, I can hire them easily. I need help to find... specific items, and people. I decided that a good place to start was around here, in the Encampment."

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

A Place of Learning

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Grog stood up....

"Grog not good with words....Grog not good with much. But if Grog can, Grog want to help!"
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

A Place of Learning

Post by Borg12345 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:45 am

Dr Romero spun on his his heels to address the warrior.

"Ah ha, excellent!" He exclaimed with a grin. "Now my passion lies with academic learning and study, but I am no fool. The world of Pax can be very dangerous, and if you are willing I may well need someone to pass on martial training to those who wish to learn..."

The doctor considered his next works carefully before continuing.

"I may also require assistance in, ah, retrieving some items."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Place of Learning

Post by Swix » Fri May 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Fade stood up. It was entirely unclear where she had come from or how long she had been there, yet the elusive assassin saw fit to show herself at the moment. "I would offer my own specific skillset to such an endeavour"