Egg Hunt

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Egg Hunt

Post by Coolpikaaa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

"Well? How do we stop it then?" CP asked her. "There must be a way, Right? To close this doorway?"

---
Outside:

Senka watched from the corner of her vision as blots of shadow soaked through the soil all around them. It also appeared on the housing nearby, redesigning those materials as well. She thought she could hear shuffling from inside... But couldn't imagine what this aura was doing to living creatures. She hadn't been in Pax for the painted Reality, but could only imagine it was a lot like this.

"Well?! Mad beast, are you going to- Aha!" She exclaimed when the monster noticed her. Finally something she could fight. But something was wrong. The beast was falling far too quickly, out of control, and before she could react it swooped into her chest, knocking the wind out of her. She clung to the beasts furry mane as best she could, trying to drag it down onto the ground on top of her.

The Collector
Level 3
Level 3

Egg Hunt

Post by The Collector » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:57 pm

The now mortal Collector looked at the rodent on her shoulder with a mixture of disappointment and-was that betrayal?- in her red eyes. After a purposefully uncomfortable pause she spoke again. "If you were to close the door now you would trap me on this side of it"

Meanwhile, the purified Manticore crashed into the Knight and was dragged down due to the lack of flapping as confusion had set in when the taint was removed. Once the beast noticed that his paws were causing massively long grooves in the soft ground the creature started flapping backwards to stop the forward momentum- though too late to stop them both from crashing into the egg wall being constructed and tumbling out of the safety zone into the extremely large and ever growing Corrupted area that now surrounded The Encampment. The beast crashed to a halt just within the area of influnce of one scattered egg, but whers the human that had clung to him had gone in the mad tumble he couldn't tell

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Egg Hunt

Post by Jent » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm

The Temple of Insanity

Quite surprising, while the Homuncula felt confused at how she misinterpreted what the Alignments went through before, she understood the analogy perfectly enough. "Oh..." Seianti muttered, rubbing the back of her head. She felt relived Grathon and the homunculi brethren largely weren't effected by this catastrophe. Maybe the Flame Guard would-

No. They aren't operational.

Blinking in surprise, she barely message the thought to the immortal Knight as he immediately answered back. Straight Ichor in veins, Grathon relayed to her privately. Guess all the steady updates done in the past helped prepare their clique from being 'grounded.'

"Erm... Right... Feeling trapped like that isn't great..."

<hr />
The Encampment

Staying clear of flaming aerial bombardment from above, the Homunculus smirked in his achievement in weaking the fowl flock. "Now so long the defense-" Sergius said to himself only to stare in astonishment. Despite the curing attempt at the corrupted Manticore, the evident plumet into Senka broke apart some of the egg-shielding. Damn it, he cured mentally, signaling to other nearby Homunculi to help assist.
Last edited by Jent on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4

Egg Hunt

Post by BoltAscendent » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Inabi was still continuing her growing spiral of moving eggs from the H&H, ideally to get enough away from there to un-depower them. She's a silly bunny, but being a youkai makes her very fast and able to cover a lot of space quickly.

Meanwhile, Xemnex had dropped down to ensure Senka was not ripped apart by the manticore and to drag her out of the corruption as the other two got to repairing the wall. Zantetsu popped out of the ground to check on how things were going and to continue forming the wall to keep the corruption away. "...Wha' a pain...That rabbit better get to this quickly 'r we're all gonna get overrun..."
My life is just a long series of "it seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Egg Hunt

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Cp was confused by The Collector's hurt stare. She seemed to want to help - yet also seemed betrayed.

"You want the corruption to run over us all? There must be some way of plugging it without hurting you."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Egg Hunt

Post by Swix » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

The Temple of Insanity

"No it's really not, and well, who knows how my brother and sister are coping with it. I'm really worried about them, something has happened, I just know it" Raph responded to Seianti, a never before seen pessimistic side showing up in the Alignment of Good turned mortal. "So... Will you help me find my wings? Or should I go find others?"

The H and H

The flying Syllak and sniffing Tala regrouped on the ground and shared a Look with each other before theyspoke together. "The Encampment's almost fully surrounded by an egg wall made by an eared blur, but.... we're surrounded. On all sides. There's nothing but Corruption nearby"

The Collector
Level 3
Level 3

Egg Hunt

Post by The Collector » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Outside the edge of the broken wall.

The Manticore righted itself after skidding to a halt outside of the eggs influence, standing there deliberately as the Corruption took the mythical beast over once more. "She isn't here..." he snarled as the darkness crept into his bright blue eyes once again, turning them black before he turned and bounded off in the direction of the creeping mass, no doubt to become part of the vanguard once more.

Senka, whilst caught in time to prevent injury had nevertheless touched upon the Tainted ground in the tumble and would find creeping black veins moving over, trying to fuse her skin to her metal suit of armour like a nightmarish cyborg.

Meanwhile, Fangblaze was still furious, and jumped the wall as a Nightmare was an incredibly strong mythical being naturally before galloping towards the village. He would find her and brjng her back to where she belonged...

A wooden Dragon head that had just grown out of a small sapling in the ground near the outside of the H and H popped up and asked "Whatever is going on around here?"

<hr />

Underneath the H and H

"... If I were still a part of it, you know my answer would have been yes" Abi mused, her red irises studying CP for a minute or two. "But no, I don't. However, plugging it, sending it back, making it disappear, whatever along those lines would still be separating me from it and dooming countless other dimensions. It's not worth the long term risk for an immediate solution. What we need is to get away from all these cursed Eggs-" the woman called Abi cut herself off as her face changed into that of someone who'd just had a great idea-that noone would like. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid" she berated herself, shaking both fists helplessly and frustratedly "Why didn't I think of this before? You don't need to get the Eggs away from us, you need to get us away from the Eggs.... And how much further away can you get than another dimension? We should have gone in the opposite direction-I should have just gone home" she stopped and then looked around the room "... Where's Raph?"