Fair's fair at The Fayre!

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm

::Tom also took his cake, and observed it closely, noting the intricate detail in the depiction of his first day at Pax. He also watched CP closely out of the corner of his eye. Yeah Swix said these weren't Jinxed, but he wouldn't put it past her::
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Coolpikaaa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 pm

CP gulped down the last of the cupcake, face smeared with thick, colorful icing. He licked his cheeks and smiled up at Swix, pleased with the not-so-cursed treat.

"That was really good! Got any more?"

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 am

Tom looked up from the cake to Jent.

"Unfortunately, it was."
The Great Library of Pax

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:44 pm

"Well, we never really told anyone we were coming, did we?" Swix asked Jent, not quite able to remember. "Sure CP, I have lots of cakes... that you can buy. There was only one special one for you and you ate it already" the Split winked, then looked to Tom with a frown. "That sounds... troublesome. Skathi was always a handful-Aren't you going to eat your cake? Not hungry?"

Alsolutely nothing had happened to the electric mouse while they were talking.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Jent » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:29 pm

"Not that I can recall," he replied back to the Split. The same would go for the drinks, as Jent gave one free fruit punch orb to the rodent to help wash down the non-cursed cupcake. "Hopefully she is more manageable now, right?"

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 pm

::Tom was about to say something about him not being all that hungry when his stomach gave an Ill-timed growl. Traitor. So instead, he took a bite of the cupcake - which in fact was quiet delicious. After he finished, he continued::

Tom: I don't rightly know. Most people seem more interested in me recovering than giving me a debrief of what happened after, well, this. ::he punctuated his sentence by tapping his cane on the metal of his new leg::
The Great Library of Pax

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Swix looked quite pleased he actually seemed to be enjoying her baking. "Can't say I blame them, maybe they're trying not to worry you or something. " She shrugged

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Jent » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:57 pm

"... That be my guess," the Jentil guessed with a weak smile. He's been through situations where it felt like some news would just be too overbearing to pile on. "Would you like a drink too, Tom? Bound to be a flavor you enjoy here."

rosebarks
Blackstar Refuge
Blackstar Refuge
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rosebarks » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:26 am

As the group was talking a young looking elf walked towards the Faire grounds her hair tied in a ponytail of poof behind her dress, though slightly tattered, was off the ground and in decent shape, a sword on her hip and markings of the blade and her being connected upon her shown arms. her eyes watched the whole area before seeing a group of people as she slowly walked over. "greetings" the elf said, her voice soft, gentle and caring though it sounded like a high borne type of speaking more than a normal person.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:25 am

The Split looked up from her conversation over to the new elf lady, and after a quick look over her she smiled gently. "Greetings. I am Swix, welcome to our stall. I don't recognise you, you must be relatively new"

Meanwhile, the pair of chatty dragon riders had made their way over to the Elementals Maid Cafe and were already looking over stuff
Last edited by Swix on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:48 am

::As the elfen woman started a conversation with the group around Swix's Confectionery, a big guard came up behind her. He wore the same armor as the rest of the guards, and like most of them, he looked as if he couldn't find the pointy end of a sword to save his life.::

Guard: 'Cuse me, Miss, but weapons aren't allow'd here. Tryin' ta keep da peace and all that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grog: Let Grog play! Grog prove Grog strongest!

::The man with the carnival game still wasn't hearing letting the Barbarian have at it. Of course he knew of Grog, who didn't here? But he knew although the strong man meant no harm, his immense strength lead to more accidents than was prudent - especially with something so thrown together.::

Gamesman: Sorry Grog, but we already know your strong enough, you don't need to prove it to me. I just barely go the thing together, if you destroy it no one else can have fun with it!
The Great Library of Pax

Laur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Laur » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 am

Whilst the mutant was currently the process of observing the quintuple dancers whom had set themselves up upon the stage, firstly to admire sychronic rhythm that pulsed throughout the multitude of bodies and secondly to admire the mebtal gymnastics one would assume such a creature would be required to leap through to achieve this particular effect the mature womans ears could not help but pick up the sounds of potential confrontation nearby. Laur proceeded to turn her head upon a slow swivel towards the test of strength game, the remainder of her being fluidly moving to follow preceding the quick step as the mutants feet ferried her over towards the three.

"If you will pardon the intrusion, may I attempt a go upon your carnival game?"

rosebarks
Blackstar Refuge
Blackstar Refuge
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rosebarks » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:11 pm

The young elf watched them all woth care before she smiled to the spirit. "I am new to the world. it is remarkable woth everything going on. this faire is amazing." The girl wpuld state before looking at the guard. "my apologies but she doesnt leave my side. even if I gave you her. I go to walk away and she will come right back to me. do not worry infront plan to use her unless in defense. I am not ruthless just protrcted."

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Guard: I'm sorry Miss, but dems da rules.

::Tom took this moment to step between the elf and the Guard to defuse the situation.::

Tom: Now Michael, is that any way to treat a new comer. She said the weapon won't leave her side, and she's promised to keep it sheathed.

Guard/Michael: But Mr. Tom...

Tom: No buts Michael, unless you want to discuss what I had to do for you the other day. She's under my guard, you have my word she won't cause problems. That good enough for your boss?

Guard/Michael: Yes sir Mr. Tom....

::The guard suddenly looked very interested in being anywhere else. Whatever dirt Tom had on him must have been good, because the guard left the group in a hurry::

::With this Tom turned to the Elf girl::

Tom: I just stuck my neck out for you here. Please don't make me regret it.
The Great Library of Pax

rosebarks
Blackstar Refuge
Blackstar Refuge
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rosebarks » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:43 am

The elf looked at the guy that had helped her out. "Thank you, Mr. Tom... That's what the guard called you" She said giving a curtsy as she smiled a soft but watchful look. " I'm Illunia, a pleasure to meet you. and Thank you again. I really can't get rid of the sword, it literally will just shimmer back if I go more than about 20 feet away from me... I think it's something about binding magick?"