Expedition (Mirror Kata Edition)

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Expedition (Mirror Kata Edition)

Post by Jent » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Devon checked with whatever other Dragon Knights that wanted to stay on the island for now before he walked up to the port. Slowly, the longship would begin to sound off that it was about to embark. Should be enough time for whoever decided to stay on shore with the Vitrum Flexile device, so they can return back to the ship when needed.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Mina remained on the ship for now, meditating, listening to the ocean around them. No life here was concerning.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Game Master » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Once thirty minutes slipped past by, the longship breached into the icy waters for its next voyage. Everyone on deck would feel relief the further they sailed from that accursed island, with its madness eventually not registering a blip in their minds without conscious effort and skill to locate it.

The expedition force gotten themselves prepared for the journey, which Devon mentioned it wouldn't take as long compared to a similarly sized vessel's travel. It was a magical boat after all. Occasionally skipping across the waves, whilst managing most of the turbulent shakes from reaching its occupants. Though if someone was particularly prone to sea-sickness, they might still have to experience it.

BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoltAscendent » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:06 pm

At least one of those people would be poor Tox, ill suited to have her body thrown around like that. She resorted to going on top of the deck, turning into a dragon, and stretching out as best she could, so as to bother her normal body less.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Sensing and feeling the boat move away as it ever so speedily and smoothly travelled over the waves, Mina found her usual concentration interrupted by the motions. She wasn't seasick as much as her own fear was overcoming the normally so very calm Founder. In fact she could no longer concentrate eventuakmy and found hetself edging into the longships sturdy mainmast, trying not to look at or think abkut the amount of water around them.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Game Master » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 pm

Discerning faint trails through the soaring winds took time. Separating what might simply have led back to that accursed island, to a source which might be of significance to investigate. Devon stared onward on the deck. His insight of such madness proved ever helpful, for possessing an affinity to what he searched against. Still, the expedition force held supplies for such a sea voyage whilst the man listened. Focusing his mind to what felt unlike he experienced before.

"South-east. We head south-east!"

The Zduhać called out to everyone on board. Early onlookers would likely see nothing it first if they rushed beside him to gaze ahead. No, this be a warning once the vessel turned. For the longship began to quicken itself against the natural current, unfazed by any direction of the winds or waters that may divert its path. Devon guided them straight to a fast approaching island.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Mina took a deep breath after spending some time steadying herself and trying to ignore the very slight movements, then went to find Senka. Something about the Knight of Insanitys words last they spoke bothered her-and not in a good way either. She needed to talk to her about this.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Game Master » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:25 pm

All the ship's occupants would feel an odd shiver course through them briefly once they got near their destination. The vessel apparently sailed past an enchanted veil which enveloped the surrounding waters and land itself in a near invisible sphere. None would get sickened, nor cursed by its effects. However, the inhabitants at the docks would be aware of their presence immediately...

... Some sort of civilization had to flourish with this sister's planet rendered into fragments. The odds were in its favor given how the Celestial Winds operated. Yet, the developed state would be surprising for Encampment residents. This was a full-blown city laid further inland, shimmering in its golden age of progress. Such radiation of technology nestled amongst the sea; a reverse oasis. Roads connected the docks to the central hub, as well leading out to smaller vandalized settlements in the distance.

For the workers, most seemed recognizably human. About a quarter were other species that must have displaced from their original universe, setting themselves home in this new world.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Mina would find the Knight down in the ship's cargo hold, sitting atop a wooden crate and reading an old dusty book. It was not especially clear where she had found it, but she didn't seem to mind - it was something to do.

"Oh. Mina-!" She began to say, when the Golden Dragon Knight wandered toward her. However her tone softened and she relaxed when it seemed Mina was here to find her.* "... Yes? Is there something I can help you with?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Mina tried a slight smile towards Senka, though it soon gave way to worried concern. "Hello Senka… yes there is something you can help me with. I hope" She stepped forwards with an earnest expression "Do you really think I was going to berate you... simply for being human? I don't understand how I gave you that impression, and if I managed to offend you because of it I do apologise" She gave a deep bow.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

"That's not..." The Knight stared at her, jaw open in surprise. "... No. I don't actually believe that. I was trying to be hurtful toward you, and I'm sorry."

He sighed softly, closing her book.

"I... sometimes feel that is the case though. I feel judged by how I look, rather than my performance on the field. I can achieve something amazing - far more than any other Knight - but I will still be berated. Because it wasn't "safe" for me to go do these things." She explained. "Safe. What does that mean when you are a Knight? My job by definition isn't safe. So if that isn't the problem, and my performance isn't the problem..."

She looked at the wooden planks of the ship.

"... Maybe I am the problem. Maybe I can't... turn into a Dragon. Maybe if I could, people I believed to be my friends wouldn't chew me out for doing my job..."

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:22 pm

::Tom stood in the corner, observing the two knights. He was pleased with what he saw thus far.

Truth be told , between the distance from the island they now had and the new technique he had he was feeling much better himself, but he was worried about these two feud. It had already nearly cost them time.

However, when Senka asked the last question Tom felt he should step in::

Tom: Do you really want that? I mean I'm still a human, and manage to get on just fine....

BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoltAscendent » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:43 am

Tox sat on the deck to watch it all, regretting this whole boat thing so much. Flight had taken a lot to get used to, but here she was, stuck on something that jostled her insides around. Ugh...This is way too much...Just gotta...push through and not throw up. The young knight is going to need some help once they finally get on land again. It was just how it moved that got to her. She couldn't figure it out.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Mina looked between them, but decided to say simething anyway. "Senka, I wasn't going to berate you for not being humqn. I was going to berate you for not needing to be there Your chasing after me because you thought I was going to get all the glory or whatever reason it was, was not because you were human but because in doing so you caused others who also didn't need to come along to then be necessary"

"As it was, however, I needed your help anyway and overestimated myself despite my years of fighting demons. But just to be clear, the technique I used to build a mental wall is not 'because Dragon' or 'because magic' but all to do with meditation and information"

"One more thing-humans almost wiped out my kind in my universe-heck I used to *be* one of those people before I was saved by a Dragon. Don't underestimate yourself because of your species"

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Coolpikaaa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 pm

"... Thank you." Senka smiled, hearing her out. "I know I shouldn't think this way. It's silly. But I'm glad you listened Mina."

She smiled, feeling a little better about herself and the Dragon Knight.