The Beginning Discussion

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:38 am

You know it. B-)

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Swix » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:51 am

rosebarks I'm confused as to where your char is. If you woke up to hear walking, Fade and Athena talking, and are able to see Mary (who appears to have been outside up a tree) then you can't be in one of the caverns as we're by the fire outside.

If you are in a cavern then you can't really have been disturbed.

So, are you in a cavern, or outside? :S

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Tav » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:45 am

Hell yeah, Athena's using Paradoxical <big><big><sub>S</sub>t<sup>a</sup>b<sub>l</sub>e <sub>T</sub>im<sup>e</sup> <sub>L</sub>o<sup>o</sup>p<sub>s</sub></big></big>

Yaaay&#33;

rosebarks
Blackstar Refuge
Blackstar Refuge
Level 4
Level 4

The Beginning Discussion

Post by rosebarks » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 am

She was by the fire

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Beginning Discussion

Post by 3kul » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Your RP is 26 pages in and almost ending... Sounds like the perfect time for me to join in&#33; ;)

EDIT: And now I have&#33; In the most disruptive way possible&#33; Hooray&#33; :D

This has been a really awesome RP and I feel like an idiot for not simply jumping in earlier. Reading all 26 pages in one go was tough, but worth it. There were a lot of laughs (especially from CP's posts&#33;), some pretty intense action and lots of interesting interactions between a variety of characters, some of whom I'm familiar with and others that I'd never seen before.

I was also pretty surprised to see my own character mentioned&#33;
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Swix</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"Fair enough...." A shifting sound reached Fades ears, before a figure appeared at the entrance to the cave, obscured by the darkness. "But HollowEyes was so much more fun."[/quote]
WHO COULD IT BE?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; (Am I correct in understanding that it was CP?)

Seeing all of these Blackstar characters running around makes me wish that I could bring some of my older characters over here, but I kind of killed HollowEyes off in a way that makes it pretty much impossible to bring him back - tricking an incredibly destructive (yet ignorant) God to remove himself, Little Sister and their amalgamated mirror selves from the multiverse, and in doing so taking the God along with him.

That said, I suppose I can at least pass a message or two along from my old characters via my new characters...
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Tav</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Hell yeah, Athena's using Paradoxical <big><big><sub>S</sub>t<sup>a</sup>b<sub>l</sub>e <sub>T</sub>im<sup>e</sup> <sub>L</sub>o<sup>o</sup>p<sub>s</sub></big></big>

Yaaay&#33;[/quote]
Actually, one nitpick-ish point that I must raise (it is my cross to bear) though is when Tav posted this right here on page 10:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Tav</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>((When time is paused, it's impossible to physically alter things; Instead you have to position yourself, unpause time, then do the action.))[/quote]
Then posted the following right here on page 25:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Tav</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div><sub>(2)~</sub>Athena<sub>~(2)</sub> knelt in the bushes, watching Fade stride over to Athena. The knife should scratch her right. . .about. . . about. . .
She froze time, stepping out of phase. She took a simple, unpoisoned dagger, and scratched Athena's arm, covering the sapphire blade with a simple cloth.[/quote]
I actually really hate nitpicking at this particular part because as I read it I was thinking "oho, brilliant&#33;" to myself (your use of stable time loops is very impressive), but now that I think about it this is kind of bugging me. Was it a mistake on your part Tav, or can you actually alter stuff while time is frozen... or have I misread your post entirely? :P
Last edited by 3kul on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Glad you liked it 3kul&#33;

Ah yes, that was CP&#33; Bothering Holloweyes on the sparse few occasions the two met was always such fun, and he will be missed. Which leads to your post&#33; Wow, so many questions and points raised...

How did the Dagger break?&#33; Unless this was answered before on Blackstar...but last time I heard it was intact. And how close were the ties between the Somelier and Holloweyes?&#33; But most puzzling of all...

What could Holloweyes possibly have for CP?&#33; :O

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Tav » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 am

That was. . .A mistake on my part. I had completely forgotten about that&#33; Well, uh, to the retcon-mobile&#33; I guess it is possible to physically modify things? Or something? Man, I wish I had remembered that. Unless. . .Unless Athena went back to when the world was in formation, and rewrote the laws of time-travel. Or something. XDD Or I could say it's due to Aeloci messing with things.

Wait, wait, no, I got it. Athena is not yet skilled enough to manipulate things physically during what I've been calling out of phase or freezetime, but she -will- have that skill later. Specifically, the 'later' where she manipulates things physically during freezetime.

And yes, I do indeed love the whole 'coloring things to give them a theme'. I suppose I got that from MSPA or something.

Edit: I'm reading the thread from the start, for no reason. And wow, Athena's been through some personality drift since The Beginning started. But I think I've got her personality down. Guardian's been pretty set in his ways, though.
Last edited by Tav on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Beginning Discussion

Post by 3kul » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:04 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Tav</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>That was. . .A mistake on my part. I had completely forgotten about that&#33;

Athena is not yet skilled enough to manipulate things physically during what I've been calling out of phase or freezetime, but she -will- have that skill later. Specifically, the 'later' where she manipulates things physically during freezetime.[/quote]
Alright, cool, I just wanted to make sure that I understood this properly and now I do&#33; Sounds like future Athena is a bit more dangerous than past Athena, I'll need to be careful of her... :ermm:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Tav</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>And yes, I do indeed love the whole 'coloring things to give them a theme'. I suppose I got that from MSPA or something.[/quote]
I think it looks pretty cool, but I may be biased as a fellow reader of MSPA Image

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>CP</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Glad you liked it 3kul&#33;

Ah yes, that was CP&#33; Bothering Holloweyes on the sparse few occasions the two met was always such fun, and he will be missed.[/quote]
Yeah, I did enjoy the times when CP and HollowEyes clashed, it was always a lot of fun.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>CP</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>How did the Dagger break?&#33; Unless this was answered before on Blackstar...but last time I heard it was intact.[/quote]
No, this wasn't answered on Blackstar, so you haven't missed anything. All of the relics were tied to the realm, relying on DP and the Dojo's energies for their power, and were an integral part of the Dojo in many ways - simply put, they were never meant to be removed, so the dagger broke the moment it was pulled out of Blackstar. It's basically a normal dagger now... except that it's broken, so a bit harder to use. With Blackstar gone I figure it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but should it ever come back... Well, I suppose that we'll just cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>CP</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>And how close were the ties between the Somelier and Holloweyes?&#33;[/quote]
I'll answer this in more detail later, but the short answer is 'not very'. The Sommelier refers to HollowEyes as an old friend, but their relationship is not so deep that he'd be willing to carry on old alliances and grudges in HollowEyes' place, he's simply willing to do HollowEyes a few small favours.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>CP</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>What could Holloweyes possibly have for CP?&#33; :O[/quote]
You'll have to wait and see&#33; ;)

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:54 am

Oh cool, very interesting&#33;

*Runs off to get some contact cement for the Dagger*

And that is officially the creepiest Emoticon I have ever seen :O

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Beginning Discussion

Post by 3kul » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:27 am

Lil Cal is a fairly creepy puppet... but also pretty awesome.
Last edited by 3kul on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:38 am

Whoh....

... Just whoh.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Swix » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:05 am

... Your puppet thingy is creepy and hurts my eyes so early in the morning 3kul :O

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Beginning Discussion

Post by 3kul » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Sorry, perhaps I should have given some kind of warning :P

Posted, and with that both deliveries have been made&#33; Coolpikaaa, I don't want to spoil too much about your 'gift' and its origins but I can tell you right now that it is perfectly safe to handle - it won't explode or do anything horrible the second that you touch it ;)
Last edited by 3kul on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Beginning Discussion

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Ah, I see.

Given the usual physical nature of these charms, I certainly thought it might activate on contact...

But, Mhm... This one is surely going to be a puzzle...

But, anyway, Thanks for the Interesting gift 3kul :D
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosebarks
Blackstar Refuge
Blackstar Refuge
Level 4
Level 4

The Beginning Discussion

Post by rosebarks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Sorry everyone but this rp is going a little too fast as I've been away doing other things lately and been unable to focus. I am extremely sorry about withdrawing so late into the RP.