Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:39 pm

((Thanks for the inspiration CP! :D))

Captains Log
Day 1

This is my first log since I gained, no, was forced into command of my late Captains ship, the U. S. S. Infernos, one of the Miranda class light cruisers. I haven't made a log, because it never felt like my ship. Not after those malfunctioning Borg murdered all the officers whilst I was on an away mission and propelled me into Lieutenant rank-a field promotion.

So I've come to Earth Spacedock-now I've reached Lieutenant Commander, they seem to think I deserve my own ship so I have to attend a ceremony and pick my own ship. I never even reached the rank of Captain! I guess that they're taking every able officer capable of commanding that they can find. I guess tiat's what happens in wartime.

Still. My own ship, I like it. I wonder what it will be like.

The Infernos isn't a bad ship really. I have fond memories of exploring uncharted worlds in it. Like the planet that grew giant crystal-producing mushrooms with plants that were developing intelligence.

Or the planet where the vegetation had somehow learned to intertwime lava into their own biological processes.

It never quite felt like I belonged. I hope the new ship is different.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 pm

((As per usual, I do appreciate any input or feedback ;)

Also, I was going to put up the next one but apparently my pc had other ideas about the screenshot I wanted. So hopefully I can get the one I'm after tomorrow))

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Ooooh, purdy!

I mean that, STO is a surprisingly nice looking game! :D

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Captains Log
Day 2-part 1

I took the transporter down to the Spacedock, rather than docking the ship or piloting a shuttle down there. I didn't think I'd be setting foot on the Infernos again-that Miranda class is going to be decommissioned and it's parts used to help repair those damaged in the war.

I should say wars. There are three main enemies trying to rip us apart. The Klingons, once our allies are now fighting us. The Borg-although I'd say with them it's more like a full scale invasion than a war. Once they got a foothold... well, they weren't exactly going to just pass us by.

And then there's the Mirror Universe, which I have not had all that much to do with. Yet. Thank the gods.

War on three fronts, from different galaxies and even different realities. Yet you wouldn't know it from the idyllic fountain that greets you when you step through the Transporter room door and into the Spacedock proper.

Strange that humans value beauty more in hard times. Sometimes I think they just need a good knock on the head to make them appreciate what was always there in the first place. It's not like they're incapable. Maybe they just need a reminder of what they could lose.

Next I had a brief and professional talk with Admiral Quinn.

He's not bad, as Admirals go. He congratulated me on my promotion, instructed me to go and make it official by seeing Menn Hilo in the stateroom, then get my ship and get out there on assignment ASAP. Talks with Admiral Quinn are always brief-and at least he acknowledges my rank. Unlike another Admiral I could mention.

I had to pass the Fleet and Officer Recquisitions room on the way to the Stateroom.

I remember they kept throwing Bridge Officers at me every time I came in here before. Like they were trying to make absolutely sure if I wasn't right for command there would be someone to take over-or maybe they were just nervous of my choice of First Officer. I remenber having to turn down a Klingon applicant for my crew... The turmoil she was feeling then would be nothing compared to when we'd inevitably come into conflict with her people.

I'm sure she'll do fine with a non-Betazoid commander.

The informal promotion ceremony was a nice and simple one.

I'm not going to the full formal ceremony, that one made me queasy enough. I'm just glad the full formal ceremony wasn't mandatory.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Captain's Log
Day 2-part 2.

After the ceremony it was straight to Ship Repairs, and down the turbolift to the Shipyards.

I'm not entirely sure why but that particular area of the Spacedock always makes me nervous. Perhaps it is the fear and apprehension I can sense radiating off the commanders with the most badly damaged ships that triggers my own.

I hurried through there as fast as I could an finally got to pick my 6wn ship. It wasn't an easy decision to make, even out of three candidates of Starship that were available to me. But in the end it had to be the Nova class. The other two ships, they just weren't for me.
The U. S. S. Infernos, registration N. C. C. 93050-A. My ship, with a familiar name. That felt right. This ship would be good to us, I could tell. Maybe it would even feel like home.

What better way to celebrate than to refurbish the insides. I had picked up a few things whilst on the original Infernos, so getting them to reaDy the living quarters to the best was my gift to the crew.

It would make the ship feel more personal too.

Then again, there's always a better way to celebrate than decorating. It had been a big day for all of us. It was time to lft our hair down, as the humans put it.

I almort wish I hadn't. At least the wild night out gave the Spacedock staff enough time to install the bed in my quarters, before I collapsed into it.

Last edited by Swix on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Captains Log-Day 3 part 1

I woke up with a headache, I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon. Although I'm sure that I'll be confronted by something stressful in the course of my duties and feel the need to let loose again-though that's a different type of relieving tension entirely. I can't stay in bed today however, I'm going to make a full tour of the ship before we set off for the great expanse of space in order to become more familiar with my ship and crew. Since I'm already here, I may as well start with my own quarters.

Captains Bedroom

I needed to attend to my pets needs before I began touring the ship proper. The Tribbles were cooing for my attention.

The blue one was a gift from Admiral Goebs, but the brown and black resulted from an admittedly easy to rectify mistake of my own, when I forgot that I was carrying food within the same pouch that I put the original blue Tribble into. I lost the food and gained a second pet within the hour. I'm sure the Admiral had a good laugh at that inicident. I still need to find names for the two of them-but I can figure that out later. Back to the inspection.

Captains Quarters

Crew Deck Corridors

Sickbay

The Lounge

The Mess Hall within the Lounge

The Lounge Bar

Ship Miniatures

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

((Note: the next two have more pics than text-that's because the pics are pretty self explanatory. The ones after I'm sure will need more text than pics. For now, enjoy these ^_^))

Captains Log Day 3 part 2

The inspection continues

Engineering Corridors

The Warp Coil

The Science Laboratory

Transporter Room

Just the Bridge to go now, since I'm down here already, I may as well use the Transporter as a shortcut to inspect the Bridge. See how alert my Bridge Officers are before we leave.

First Time on the Bridge

Captains Ready Room

The inspection's done now, it's certainly been eye opening. The ship may be small compared to some out there but within it's one of the most advanced I've ever seen. I'm going to enjoy commanding her.

Starfleet has no more need of us within the Sol System but once we're back out there the assignments and missions are sure to start backing each other up. I'm under no false impressions about that. It's time for us to leave and head out.

Last edited by Swix on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Captains Scseenlog

Post by Swix » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Captains Screenlog, Day-no, let's say, Entry 4.

It's been a long time since I last made an entry in this log, my original intention of keeping a daily report was regretfully nullified by several factors, up to and including several run-ins with Admiral Goebs Mirror counterpart, various classified encounters with organisations and species with which I am not at liberty to even make a log of, and many successful but wearing encounters with the Borg, species 8472 and the Tholians.

Throughout all of this I have taken command of several ships, of which I feel it prudent to leave a picture of-to remind me of our humble, but fiery, beginnings.

The Nova class ship, the U s. S. Infernos-A, where this wild ride truly started.

The Horizon class ship, Infernos-B, when we visited Memory Alpha where r.aw materials are processed and much reseasch is undertaken.

The Intrepid class ship Infernos-C at Defera, where the Borg have gained a foothold and both the Klingon Defence Force and Starfleet work tirelessly to repel these invaders.

The Sol-class Reconnaissance Science Ship Infernos-D, at Vulcan, one of the core worlds we're all striving to keep as safe as possible.

The U. S. S. Infernos-D is the most recent of the Infernos name-in this universe. Howeves, there is the I. S. S. Infernos-E, my ship's Mirror Universe counterpart.

It possesses the same abilities as my Infernos, however, it is a Trident-class vessel and was liberated from the Tholians before being outfitted with modified Borg technology. They will remain the constant threat that needs addressing, it was necessary to find a way to use their technology against them.

Once outfitted the reigns were handed over to me. Though she is not pretty to look at she is a good ship, sturdy and stubborn. She has served me well thus far and will continue to do so in future.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.