The state of Pax

Decide the future of Pax here!
Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm

My my, we seem to have had a resurgence of people! YAY! This did however get me thinking about the state of the world and everything in it. Errm, this one, not the real one. Don't worry, my conquest plans for the real world are well in motion!

...you didn't hear that.

Anyway, all I was thinking is that it might be a good idea to solidify the state of the world. When we started the world was in the process of being made, however there hasn't been enough activity really to keep that up with enough momentum. And that's fine, life happened to people as it is want to do. :P My thinking however was that since there seems to be more of us, that maybe we spin time forward a bit, let things settle down and use it as a foundation for a new era for Pax.

In my mind at least, this would involve getting a world map sorted out (I'd be more than happy to help with that :P), a rough timeline, and sorting out what events so far we want to remain canon or not (my Artificer stuff in Xenoparasites for instance, that was an attempt at introducing a bad guy for people to use, but they could be retconned or completely ignored). Personalities can be created, factions settled on and... well basically forging a world to role play in, in a way that works for a small number of people.

So yea, thoughts? It just seemed like a good opportunity to really flesh out Pax and kickstart things again.

Raven
Evil Council Member
Evil Council Member
Level 5
Level 5

The state of Pax

Post by Raven » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I like the idea! I don't really remember much about Pax (well, anything other than the name and that you can't escape or something) so it would be a good chance for anyone who comes back to learn about the world. I'm all for it! If people are interested in it, we might think of updating our character sheets as well.

Good idea, Borg. :)

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The state of Pax

Post by Swix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 pm

I could go for this. Hmm, where to start?

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Coolpikaaa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 pm

<small><small><small><small>Kill <big>ALL</big> the old characters&#33;</small></small></small></small>

Eh what, Oh Hi&#33;

Well well well, we do seem to have hit some kind of Silver Age haven't we? I still can't believe I'm seeing daily activity. I suppose it is time we do stuff about it huh? Anyway, yes, the advancement of the timeline could work. I've actually had my own theories about how it would work too.

To be honest, we've failed as heroes at times.

The Rps that we have set up before now, while mostly lighter, establishment fare, should have consequences. I've gone over this somewhat briefly with Swix though personal message, and the best example I can think of are the consequences of "The Collector is Coming". Any time jump forward would have to acknowledge we have a massive spiraling cloud of evil tearing the sky in two outside of the encampment. We stopped that Rp, we didn't resolve it, we need to live with it.

I believe Swix stated that the area around the cloud causes the plant and animal life to mutate into dark, twisted versions of what they were. Having these Flora and Fauna just outside our main city would, in reality, cause the implementation of all kinds of defenses, training, and the slight forcing of our research's hand. This could certainly make any time skip so much more interesting, by hypothesizing on the natural course from there, and embracing what's happened before.

Also, in another route, I need to bring up the necessity of recruitment.

I've always been a very firm believer in getting as much new blood as possible. The results are simply not comparable to anything else. Look what happened when we got one "new" member back. The entire forum burst with energy. In my mind, this is far more important than any time skip.

I know it's difficult, but don't we all kind of know an RPer that might want to hang out with some really cool guys? New blood would create new RPs, and build our world far more than we can do with a map. Programs like the EC could, after so many dormant years, start recruiting again. We get to comfortable with how things are going, and fall into a slump. Seeing a new post in the Greetings area seems to wake all of us up, plain as that.

These are just my thoughts on how to have a true resurgence here on Pax. After all, my recruiting campaign in the last days of Blackstar got us Borg, and I happen to think having him around might've made us a bit of a better group, eh? ;)

-CP

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 pm

D'awww, you charmer you. :P

Well I can go post on the new, sort of struggling rp forum a few people I know and a whole bunch I don't have started with. Although I'm a bit worried about treading on their toes I'm sure they'll be cool with it. Sadly there's not many places I can advertise us, so hey.

I must work even harder on being a known youtube channel, I'll have people flooding in before you know it. :P

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 am

Some people might just enjoy our brand of freeform madness. XD

Keep up the good work Borg.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 am

That's a point, our styles ARE fairly different so that helps,

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

The state of Pax

Post by Tav » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am

Well, I do have to admit that I've been a really horrible admin lately, what with mostly lurking all the time. That said, I'm really fine with whatever you guys decide to do. I can try to rouse up some new blood, or even revive some old blood, but I can't make any promises.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 am

I dunno about you guys, but I've got several ideas I'd love to discuss, but having it all in one thread may get a bit mad, so I may post a separate thread for each idea "category" (organisation, the world, etc.).

Ohhh, my head's buzzing now. :P

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:35 am

Thank you Tav.

I might run some ideas past you later depending on how they work out... :P

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 am

Right, shamelessly advertised us over at Meridian City, which you may remember shameless advertising on here a while ago. :P

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:39 am

I'm double posting because of how fast this is moving, I don't want to miss an edit. XD
<small> Seriously, 5 mins for a reply? That hasn't happened since I was 14. *gleeee* </small>

If we are making new threads, would it be wise to put them somewhere else other than general chat? Would a new area work, maybe in the Archives? Or am I being too silly.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:39 am

What?

I didn't even get to double post?

*GLEEEEEE*

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 am

I think a new "planning" subforum may be ideal actually. Although, at the risk of sounding like an ass, it might be wise to keep it for existing members. I only say that because otherwise we might get a lot of people who aren't used to our style (seriously, I've not seen anyone else run like us, it's strange. But also cool we're unique. :P) trying to turn it into something else. Simply because it's what they know, nothing malicious or anything.

EDIT: You did then, HERETIC&#33; :P
Last edited by Borg12345 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The state of Pax

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am

Well...

Good thing we have our Admin back. :D