The geography of Pax

Decide the future of Pax here!
Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The geography of Pax

Post by Borg12345 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Once we've smushed the two planets together, what kind of geography do you guys think we should have? Should it be very Earth-like, or something more alien? Maybe we want one giant continent, or perhaps several smaller ones (I'd vote for that option, that makes for some potential for adventures in the high seas after all! :P)

How about some weirder places as a result of the collision, like floating islands infused with a metric ton of magic? And will any of the continents (if we have more than one) be totally unknown to the world?

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

The geography of Pax

Post by Tav » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

I've no clue. Something I'm certain of, though, is that we need enough earthlike- places, both temperate and cold, and enough fantastic places, aboveground and belowground.

Some things I've been considering- The north pole is entirely caved in, with hovering islands of the remains of tectonic plates, levitating over. Geothermal heat keeps the place from being too cold, and it also serves as the entrance to the extensive underground areas. An underground area could be an enormous underground lake, colossal in size, with enormous ancient trees reaching upward. Other suggestions are good.