The Beginning

A quiet place, where the adventurers of today can relive the quests of yesterday.
Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning

Post by Swix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

(Furnace)

The Dark Fire Dragon snorted again, then had to quickly lift his head up as 'Shadow', in her enthusiasm to play a game, nearly landed on his elongated snout. "Watch it!" he hissed at her, thrashing his tail from one side to the other again. "Well, I was gonna play 'Messenger' with the soft-skins but you've ruined that by coming down here!" Furnace snapped, annoyed that his little planned prank had been ruined by pure enthusiasm and not afraid of showing it "Dragon-in-training is it? If I'd used that excuse then my parents would've smacked me around until they'd knocked some sense into my head"

Furnace paused, tilting his head to one side as he tried to think of something else that'd be fun for them to do "Hrrrrm... How're your fire-breathing and digging skills?"

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Jodie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 pm

(Shadow)

Shadow jumped back and was a little startled then sighed

"Well if my parents caught me being Nice I would be BBQ Dragon"

She Then Giggled "My Fire Breathing Skills are Realy good Compared to the rest of mt Family but" She then sighed "My digging skills are not as good..."

(Mary)

Mary sighed "Well if I knew I would be Taken to another World I would be more Prepared..."

She then looked around and said "I don't know that much about this place, The Onley World I'm familiar with is my World Vana'diel"

Her fur then Puffed up and she then Shouted scardley "OH NO THE CEROMONY!" She then sighed "Great I'v possibly missed it now and Now I'm a princess for life..."

Mary Looked at the Pikachu and Sighed "My dad told me to be prepared for anything... yet I was not prepared for this..."

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Beginning

Post by 3kul » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:56 pm

"Well if I knew I would be Taken to another World I would be more Prepared... I don't know that much about this place, The Onley World I'm familiar with is my World Vana'diel"

"It's not really something that one can truly be prepared for." The Sommelier began, but the young maiden seemed to have more to say.

"OH NO THE CEROMONY! Great I'v possibly missed it now and Now I'm a princess for life... My dad told me to be prepared for anything... yet I was not prepared for this..."

This time The Sommelier waited a little while, just to make sure that she had finished speaking. "You are whatever you want to be. I get the feeling that royalty here will earn you little respect or responsibility. True kings and queens are not the products of birth, blood or ceremonies; they are the ones who rise up and seize control when the situation calls for it. Some are hailed as heroes and paragons of virtue, others are reviled as cruel tyrants and brutal dictators. Even if you only ever do what you feel is right, history can see things differently."

The Sommelier was very well read on the history of foreign realms, and though Vana-diel was not one that he was familiar with he knew of dozens of others with royal families scattered throughout their past. "If you wish to relinquish your royalty here and now nobody will think any worse of you for it. But, as I said, it all depends on what you want. Nobody here can tell you what to do, and if they try you'd be wise to consider their motives before heeding their advice." The Sommelier sensed that Mary was a bit older than the young dragon he'd encountered moments earlier, or at the very least a bit more mature, and for some reason he felt that she would be able to handle the change without too much difficulty.

"It seems that I will need to leave your camp now to find a doctor or healer. I suspect that I may be gone for some time, but hopefully we shall meet again in the future."

And with that The Sommelier left, still carefully carrying the unusually quiet Coolpikaaa in his arms. "If you've come to your senses and you are awake," The Sommelier began, talking to his injured charge as he strode through the undergrowth with little difficulty. "Now would be the time to tell me if you know of any nearby healers or doctors or, failing that, any cities or settlements."

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Jodie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:53 pm

(Mary)

Mary was a little confused but She did understand,
as she watched the man walk off she thaught about what he said, then mumbled quietly to herself "I mostley wanted to be a Queen so I won't have to worry about dragons...",

She then sighed "Well I'm no hero or a tyrant, Just an Average Princess who is Terrified by Dragons..." She then smiled then Giggled

"Well I will Try to be the Best Princess and Queen in Vana'diel" She then sighed "First I need to get over my Fear of Dragons... and if I get back to Vana'diel..."
Last edited by Jodie on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raven
Evil Council Member
Evil Council Member
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Raven » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 am

Raven had fallen asleep.

Power-naps were always a guilty pleasure of hers, so she woke up rather languidly, stretching within her cocoon. That was until her foot burst through and touched a cave floor. "ARGH!" She exclaimed, jumping up, looking around in a sleep-haze.

This was not her bedroom. Blinking sleepily, the events leading up to her nap flowed back. "... THAT BASTARD STOLE MY PIKACHU!"

With that, a whirlwind of black sped out of the cave leaving poor, drugged Fade alone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some time later, after running around rather aimlessly and using a bit of cloth as a sack to pick up various things she wanted from the flora and fauna of the area (which, she found, was rather bountiful. She was all ready stocked up for most poisons and healing creams), she found something that made her grin rather evilly.

An Apricorn tree.

Grabbing a handful of Apricorns, she sat down and began to get to work. With fire-tipped nails, she carved a crude Pokéball from the large seed, ruefully smiling and thinking about how much that rotten little Pikachu was going to regret teaching her how to do this.

When she'd finished three, she placed them in her temporary sack and continued on her way, sprinting in the direction she hoped Sommelier and her rodent had gone.

No one stole her property and got away with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Signs of a camp became clear in the distance - if she had an injured party member, that would be where she took it. If she was stupid that was. Hefting her now quite heavy sack over her back, which now also included some crude utensils carved from various woods, she broke into an all out sprint, speeding towards Sommelier and CoolPikka. An ominous cloud of dirt and dust surrounded her due to her speed.

Spying Sommelier, her sprint turned into a charge. Her legs pumping, she sped towards him, dropped her sack, and attempted to drop kick him to the face.

"GIVE ME BACK MY DAMN PIKACHU!" Once again, a rage had started. Never steal someone's Pikachu. It's just mean.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Beginning

Post by Coolpikaaa » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:08 am

Only a few minutes after being exposed to the clean air, Coolpikaaa slowly started to sober; enough to start working on getting his breathing under control and begin to analyze his situation. He was heading away from the caverns, in the arms of the well dressed man from before.

Physically, he was aware of of the severe pain in his chest. Fractured ribs? From Raven's attack most certainly. But... why had she attacked him in the first place? He was fairly sure the last time they had met, the two had been "cool". At least the Sommelier had been there to get him out alive.

And indeed, the man had brought the injured guardian to the Ana base camp, looking for help. Although empty at first, interestingly a young looking Dragon had wandered over to the duo upon their arrival. Despite the Sommelier's reinforcement of his praising title for the rodent, and the chance to make a new acquaintance, Coolpikaaa felt as though he had nothing to contribute to the conversation, and as such, feigned sleep. The Sommelier's careful words to the creature just before they departed however, were well chosen, and Coolpikaaa personally had to note on his rising feelings of respect for the man. He hoped they would meet again... on much better terms.

Next, they were directed to a soon to be princess, another conversation chosen to stay out of. As unfortunate as it was, it didn't seem Coolpikaaa was going to be receiving any treatment here, or nearby for that matter. The Sommelier just then seemed to pick up on his thoughts, finishing his conversation with the girl and now addressing the wounded creature in his arms.

Not even attempting to insult the man's intelligence with a fake "waking up" sequence, the electric rodent squirmed to a better position, choosing to sit on the man's shoulder rather than force him to carry his weight any more. This short burst of activity was enough though... he certainly wasn't up to much physical strain at all in his condition.

"I must... thank you for your assistance. I doubt I would have lasted much longer under Raven's oppressive feet." He tried to crack a smile... but it hurt to much. "For healers... we seem to have exhausted our options. And cities... you seem to be several years too early on that one. All of us have just landed on this planet... less than a few hours ago."

He genuinely felt concerned that the Sommelier may not have gotten what he signed up for. But in that respect either had Coolpikaaa.

And then, suddenly...

Raven.

Coolpikaaa nearly gasped at the state the council woman had shown up in. She seemed to have gone... mad.

"GIVE ME BACK MY DAMN PIKACHU!"

And what was this nonsense about him being her Pikac-?!

"Dude gettout of the way!" CP yelled, pulling on the Sommelier's collar, trying to steer him out of the way of the deranged woman's sudden rush attack.

At that moment, caught in the heat of the sudden battle, the electric mouse saw the contents of her sack spilled slightly on the ground and three terrifyingly familiar orbs that were quite obviously meant for him.

What was going on here?!
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Beginning

Post by 3kul » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 pm

"I must... thank you for your assistance. I doubt I would have lasted much longer under Raven's oppressive feet... For healers... we seem to have exhausted our options. And cities... you seem to be several years too early on that one. All of us have just landed on this planet... less than a few hours ago."

The Sommelier found this to be very strange indeed, and grimly foreboding for the Yellow Guardian. The Sommelier could not tell the extent of the internal damage that had been done to Coolpikaaa, but it was clearly causing him significant pain. He needed some kind of medical attention, and soon, but where could they ever find-

"GIVE ME BACK MY DAMN PIKACHU!"

"Dude gettout of the way!"

"Your warning, though appreciated, is hardly necessary." The Sommelier replied to Coolpikaaa, neatly sidestepping Raven's flying kick. Thanks to Raven's <del>rude interruption</del> hysterical screaming he'd seen her coming from a mile away. "Rage... Truly a powerful emotion, though crude and often simplistic, not to mention heavily reliant on brute force. You broadcast your every move as loudly as you shout."

He placed the bottle of liquid joy carefully on the ground next to him, then procured another glass disc from one of his pockets. Pressing it, the disc quickly grew into a large empty bottle. "Trust me when I say this; you'd be far better off without such a thing. It is rarely beneficial, not to mention rather unbecoming." His voice took on a subtly more sinister tone, one that Raven may not even notice, blinded with rage as she was, but it was enough to show those who did notice that he meant business. He was careful to deliberately position himself sideways, thus placing himself directly between Raven and Coolpikaaa. "Approach me again in such an aggressive manner and you will spend the rest of your days as a mere shell of your former self; heartless; without rage or passion. This is not a threat, but a guarantee."

Raven might feel a slight tug from the empty bottle as it reacted to The Sommelier's will. Given that she knew of his abilities but not of his capabilities it would seem unwise to continue to provoke him any further.
Last edited by 3kul on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning

Post by Swix » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:54 pm

(Ana Camp,Fade)

Rather unlike Raven, Fade had not slept off the effect of The Sommeliers mist. No, she'd had the distinctly unpleasant experience of coming slowly out of it completely consciously-sped along by the sounds of Ravens snoring in her duvet.

First she went rather pale, then red with shame and embarrassment, realising how foolish she must've looked and wondering why it was that her mental faculties had deserted her when in that state-along with her ability to talk properly. Next she realised these emotions of embarrassment were her own, and thus needed dealing with. So, the assassin favoured a cross legged position and closed her eyes...

Only to have them snap open and clap her hands over ears at Ravens hysterical yell as the 'Queen of the Night' ran off after Sommelier and CP.

Fade removed her hands from her ears and glared at the exit where Raven had left, face distorted with annoyance and frustration for a minute. However this would of course achieve nothing, and knowing this Fade, once again closed her eyes in the wonderful quiet and began to meditate a second time.

(Ana Camp,Furnace)

The larger dragons chest rumbled, vibrating the very floor of the cavern the two were in as he growled low. "Well we can't play 'Volcano' either then" he explained in mild frustration "Hrrrrmm, well, I don't know how much fun you'll find this, kid, but I think it should at least be amusing..." he told the tiny creature before stomping up out of the cavern then turning his head to the catlike soft-skin called Mary.

"Hey, Mary&#33;" he yelled, his voice almost a roar as his draconic eyes blazed red with inner fire "I just found out you're a Princess&#33; So I'm gonna catch you and take you back to my lair&#33;"

The adolescent beast took several menacing steps towards the cat girl, his head lowered in a stalking position.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Jodie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:20 pm

(Mary)

Mary Froze then Looked at Furnace and gulped, Her Fur Puffed up and She screamed

"NOOOO&#33;"

She then started run but tripped over a tree root and fell over.

(Shadow)

Shadow watched then Laughed

"Epic Fail&#33;"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning

Post by Swix » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm

(Ana, Furnace)

The dragon grinned in the darkness, he too finding Marys failure at an epic dash for freedom amusing. That had gone far better than he could've hoped for-and his new little acquaintance found it funny too. Furnace felt so much better now-but perhaps he wasn't done yet.

~That was definitely an epic fail. Can you fly Shadow?~ he asked telepathically, stalking over to the downed and, hopefully, terrified Mary in order to pick her up in a clawed forefoot.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Jodie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 pm

(Shadow)

Shadow Giggled mischeviusley then sent back

~Well I oftan sneak out onto the surface to do some practacing, in free flying Without any cave roofs and walls-Which is a yes~

(Mary)

Mary looked up And Squeeked

"Why do Princesses have the worst Luck"

She Closed Her eyes as she saw his Clawed forefoot coming towards her, She felt like she was being lifted up and started to shake with fear,

she then whimperd "Plese may there be a prince or Knight just so happen to be passing by to save me..."
Last edited by Jodie on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning

Post by Swix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 am

(Ana, Furnace)

~Excellent. Shadow, then follow me and tell me if you see a good spot to 'drop her off' when we go~ Furnace sent back to the little dragon, his way of attempting to get her to take part in his nasty little game as well. The dragons rather sinister, toothy grin widened as he lifted Mary up off the ground, and he brought her up very close to the tip of his snout, his glowing red eyes focussed on the catgirl through the wisps of smoke that constantly emanated from his nostrils. "Noone can help you now" he told her, making sure she got a good long look at his sharp fangs and the ominous glow that came from the back of his throat "I eat knights and princes for breakfast&#33; Hahahahahaha"

The dragon closed his mouth shut with a snap, then spread his long, narrow wings to their fullest. Furnace took a short running cross between a hop and a leap-as he now only had the use of three legs, what with the fourth one being used to hold Mary. Furnace brought both pairs of wings down with a loud 'whoosh' after his leap, quickly ascending high up into the air over Ana. 'Now, where do I drop this daft little soft-skin off?' the dragon wondered to himself, scanning the ground for something, or someone. to drop the Princess on top of

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Jodie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 pm

(Mary)

Mary Gulped and opend her eyes to see how close she was to Furnace, looking at his Fangs and a scary glow coming from his throat.

Mary Then squeeked as Furnace snapped his mouth shut, She was too Scard to talk,

As Furnace jumped Mary Screamed and started to struggle in attempt to get free,
But when she saw how far up she was When Furnace Took off she froze with fear then squeeked

"I don't even think the Most Skilled Mirthia could manage to land on there feet from this hight", She then Gulped.

(Shadow)

Shadow tilted her head then mumbled

"He has got to be kidding me if he realy thinks he can just steal a Princess and just 'Drop her off' somewhere..." She then sighed and shook her head then giggled

"ah well atleast there is no Dragon riders around I guess we are fine"

She then started Jumping Flapping her wings

"I may not be as far ahead in Development as my siblings but I CAN FLY&#33;" She Growled as she flapped her wings more untill she finaley acheved lift off

She then Smiled Mischeviusley then flew after Furnace and started looking around for a place Mary could be Dropped off

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Beginning

Post by Swix » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

(Ana, Furnace)

The large black and red dragon glided around the camp in a wide, lazy circle as he waited for the much younger Shadow to join him. Furnace immensely enjoyed the squeaks and screams that emanated from his Mirthian captive-and her struggling and trembling even more so. But just to be certain he didn't lose his grip on her from all her squirming, Furnace tightened his hold on Mary. Not enough to cause any pain, but enough to make her feel uncomfortable.

~It's about time you got up here youngling~ he sent to Shadow once she'd joined him in the wonderfully dark night sky, stopping his lazy circling to point his narrow snout in a random direction away from the camp.

He could see a lake from this high, not that far away which eventually tapered into a river. There were trees galore of course, as well as miles of unending grassy plains. He could drop her in the lake, of course-he had a vague notion that felines disliked water-if not as much as the fiery mythical beast that moved through the night sky.

There was a small mountain off in the distance as well, he could drop her off there on a ledge and keep up the pretense of the classical dragon kidnapping for a few days-and it would provide him with another 'playmate' in the terrified soft-skin.

There was also the small group of soft-skins that were not far away at all from his perspective high in the air, having some sort of skirmish of their own. Dropping the Princess on top of them all was sure to cause a little chaos-and Furnace did so love chaos.

The adolescent dragon couldn't quite decide what to do, since he liked all three options, though admittedly the first one a lot less than the other two. So he sent another telepathic message to Shadow ~Shall we drop her off in the lake, up on the mountain over there, or perhaps on top of those other soft-skins down there?~ he then tilted his head slightly ~Or do you have an idea what to do?~ .

Furnace then lightly shook the forefoot that held the Princess before he spoke normally to her "What's the matter? Don't you wanna talk to us anymore?
Last edited by Swix on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

The Beginning

Post by Jodie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:05 pm

(Shadow)

Shadow Giggled, Then thaught of the three Options,
And thaught about the Lake, then thaught about the Risk of Mary not being able to swim,
Shadow always was more aware and kinder than her Siblings

She then thaught about Dropping Mary on the poeople below or the 'Soft-Skins' as Furnace calls them,
But she thaught about if she missed someone and landed on the ground or about that Bottle possibly being smashed and... well she didn't want to imagen the next part.

She then thaught about the mountion, It would seem fun to see if she would try to escape by Climbing and being able to annoy or scare her into thinking She realy is captured,
Then again what if she falls off or if the mountion was unstable... or both.... but then again it did seem the Safest Idea and the funnist,

well apart from causing confusion from Princesse's Falling from the Sky, But the moution seemed both fun and safe so...

~I think the Mountion Idea is the best, It would be fun to see if she would try and escape and it will seem more like a real Dragon Kidnapping~ Shadow said in a mischevius mindvoice

(Mary)

Mary Gulped as she felt the Dragons Grip tighten,

She was trying her best not to cry, Her ears where flat on her head as she was terrified.

She Squeeked as Furnace Shook her then Whimperd
"I..I'm... Ju..just... scard... tha... that's... all..." She then gulped