House of maddness

A quiet place, where the adventurers of today can relive the quests of yesterday.
Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Borg12345 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:48 am

Mina had dived into a far side of the large dining hall, although perhaps mess room would be more of an appropriate description. It was dark, and things didn't seem too disturbed here. Some chairs were knocked over and even a table, but there was no blood and no bodies. In one corner of the room, a figure sat. From what little light there was, it was possible to tell that the figure was dressed in riot gear like the other guards. They turned their head to address Mina, and pointed over to the turned over table, gesturing to hide behind it.

In the corridor, the axe crazy hulk had lost interest in Mina, and as she dived into the dinning hall turned his attention to the kitchen, and the large chef that stood inside. Luckily for the cook, the doorway was a little too small for the brute to walk in. Unfortunately, he was also perfectly able to start smashing the door frame apart with his axe. This slowed him down a little, but the job would be done in little under a minute.

"I WILL BREAK YOU LITTLE MAN!" Bellowed the rage fueled lunatic.
Last edited by Borg12345 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:35 pm

The chef fell back, scrambling away from the door on his hands as pieces of wood flew from where he had just been standing. Mere seconds of lingering would have left the man minus a head, thanks to the brute which had suddenly taken interest in him. It was all getting too crazy, too fast. He needed a moment to calm down, to think.

Unfortunately before he had the chance to do so, the Cook saw the flail of heads.

Something odd happened. The Cook, who up until then was a fair and reasonable man, snapped. His left eye gained a peculiar twitch, as he rose up against the giant.

"OKAY!" He bellowed, spit flying out from his mouth. "YOU WANT TO GET CRAZY?!"

With a few meaningful strides, the man was across the room, looming over the inmate he had earlier felled. Using a massive hand, he grabbed the fellow by the neck and began to drag him, somewhere.

"Alright....
LET'S.
<big>GET</big>.
<big><big>CRAZY.</big></big>"

And with that, the Cook quite simply threw one problem at the other.
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Borg12345 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Tarath flew though the air as gracefully as a brick, and smashed into the berserker just as hard. The hulk was thrown off balance and fell to the ground, slamming onto the hard floor with a wet thud. Looking thoroughly beaten up at this point, Tarath still didn't wake up. Anyone would think he was dead from the sheer lack of reaction to the whole situation. The brute on the other hand had very, very strange reaction to being knocked on his ass.

Raising his head, the man stared at Tararth few a few long moments. A look of fear twisted across his face, and tears began to well in his eyes. He began to scrabble backwards, as though trying to escape from some horrible nightmare.

"It's the bad man, it's the very bad man&#33;"

He managed to jump up, tossing Tarath to the ground in the process. The rage was gone, the anger that pumped though his veins replaced by terror and grief. All he could do was run to a corner of the corridor and curl up into as small a ball as possible, rocking himself and gibbering the same thing over.

"Bad man took mamma, bad man took mamma, bad man took mamma..."

The only sounds left in the corridor were the sounds of Tararth breathing, and the sobbing giant in the corner.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

House of maddness

Post by Swix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Mina nodded and did as was indicated by the guard-after blinking furiously for a few seconds to clear he apparently lost vision.

She heard all the yelling going on down the corridor where she'd come, her trembling coming back, and stared at the doorway where the frying pan now lay on the floor as an even eerier quiet descended. She was at a loss as to what to do now.

((Sorry, I had a better post than this but my phone lost it and I don't have much time to retype))

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Coolpikaaa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 am

The Chef stood in the door, breathing heavily. Without the threat of being killed any second, he watched he two downed foes, one blubbering, one unconscious. It was quite sad really, watching the hulk go down so quickly. Especially when he heard what the man was chanting over and over.

Calmed down a bit, the cook finally stepped into the blood slick hall. It was immediately and overwhelmingly disgusting, and the Chef regretted it, but he simply needed to move. Trying to take in his surroundings, without seeing all the gore everywhere, the man noticed a frying pan laying in the room across the hall.

Hadn't that been what the Doctor was holding?

"Hello...?" he said, moving across with purpose, and poking his head in to check.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

House of maddness

Post by Swix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Mina, who had been alternately staring at the door and the riot guard, poked her head over the top of the upturned table when she saw the cook and gestured for the large man to come over, her look of abject terror briefly replaced by relief at seeing him alive.

"Over here" she called softly, hoping her voice was still loud enough for him to hear without being too loud "there's someone else here too, one of the guards I think" she said, before ducking back behind her table and waiting.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:23 pm

The figure looked up at Mina at the mention. They slowly stood up walked over to her. The armour gave little away about the figure but little clues, such as the way they walked and what could be seen of the actual person within the armour revealed that were was probably a slender woman beneath it all.
"Yes." The woman said. "I guess you'd be right there."
She placed a hand on the doctors shoulder and then proceeded to walk to the door and peer around it, taking note of the blubbering mess in the corner. Then her eyes were drawn to Tarath.
"Gods, how'd you manage to incapacitate him?" The woman inquired, genuinely interested. Tararth's reputation for being a slippery little bastard was almost has wide spread as his reputation for being a complete monster.
She nearly answered her own question when her attention was drawn to the chef in the door. Her eyes narrowed slightly, for she had heard his cries of "lets get crazy". You couldn't be too careful around here, the place had a habit of... getting to people.
Last edited by Borg12345 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Coolpikaaa » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:07 am

"I hit 'em." The chef said, looking at the person in riot gear. He couldn't understand her amazement, really. Both foes had really gone down in one shot.

Two incredibly lucky shots, he corrected himself after giving the ordeal some thought. To be serious about it, both crazies could have seriously killed him with one wrong move. Oblivious to the riot clad woman's gaze, the cook moved past her and to the doctor.

"How are you holding up, Miss?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

House of maddness

Post by Swix » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Mina felt the riot gear clad womans hand on her shoulder and shied away from it, squeaking almost like a little mouse. She wasn't cut out for this kind of stuff, really.

The terrified Doctor slowly emerged from her hiding place when the apparent guard went to the door to look out, and the chef came over to ask how she was holding up. "I-I don't know" she answered, looking anywhere but at the man "I saw them get crushed, torn apart. All of them, right in front of my eyes, screaming... and then he came after me so I ran away again. I shouldn't have run out like that, then maybe he wouldn't have noticed the kitchen&#33;" she closed her eyes and then opened them to look up at the big man properly "I'm so sorry, that was all my fault"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Borg12345 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:03 am

"...ahehehehehee..."

Tarath slowly opened his eyes, and the far too familiar feeling of a sore head was back. And not just his head this time, my my what fun he must have had. He scrambled to his feet, the slick floor made for poor footing. He could hear mumbling in another room, but even closer was a terrified chant in the corner he was closest to.

"bad man took mamma, bad man took mamma..."

Ahhh, it was the street brawler. Now he was an interesting one, such a big strong and deliciously violent man and yet he had such a soft spot for his mother. It had been, what, three years now? Yea, that sounded right. Three years since Tarath made a house call to the both of them. One of the mob bosses wanted shot of him, he was cutting far too much into his gambling profits or something like that.
Tarath had felt that maybe he shouldn't have been staging the fights, but then Tarath had so many good ideas that people just ignored or locked him up for. It was starting to get silly as far as he was concerned but he was offered a nice pair of daggers for his trouble, so why would he argue.
Of course the big oafs mother didn't go down easy. Surprisingly spritely elderly woman, especially surprising when he hacked off her feet. Very messy.

"Heh heh"

Where was he... that was it, the plan. With the mother dead in an oh so messy way the brawler went nuts, and was sent to Blackwood. Didn't hear from him again until he himself was sent to Blackwood, and he almost had an inside out face in the process. But never mind, Tarath as a forgiving soul. But then again... no no no, there was far too much to do. he had to get his special daggers back&#33; They were kept in "evidence" or something like that. Sometimes they were shown to him, to help him reach deeper parts of his mind or something. He didn't really understand the point, he was fine just the way he was. The last doctor even said so... he had to be "persuaded" a little but he admitted it in the end. The sly charmer him.

He patted the brute on the head, and opened the door nearest to him to conduct his search. It'd be like a treasure hunt. With more stabbing.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Borg12345 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 pm

((It was very entertaining reading all of this, shame it fizzled out like it did. Ah well, it happens.))

It took a month for the madness to stop. One hellish month. After the initial bloodshed the asylum had been split into two territories, one controlled by the inmates and one held by the survivors. Luckily for the sane survivors, they held all the food. This allowed a stalemate to ensue, the more stable inmates knew that they couldn't just take the food, or they'd get shot to bits, but the survivors couldn't mount an all out attack on their turf, or they'd be outnumbered.

Then there was Tarath. No one wanted that bastard. He'd sooner slit your throat than stand still for even a moment, so surprise swept through the inmates when he up and took charge of the situation shortly after turning the previous "leader", a megalomaniac with far too much money, into a blood eagle. Tarath was nuts, there was no question about that, but he wasn't dumb. It was only a matter of time before food ran out and a fair number of the inmates were perfectly happy to munch on each other. No no no, he couldn't have that.

Tarath led ever more daring attacks against the survivors, using the shadows in the dead of night and bursting from ventilation shafts to give the good doctors and their guards a good shivving. In less than a week he'd broken them, the knife of fear and been slipped between their ribs and he twisted until they lifted the lockdown. Most ran for their lives and the newly free inmates made a final rush for the outside world. Many were killed, both inmates and survivors, but those who did escape scattered throughout the surrounding land hoping for someone, anyone, to find them.

And yet Tarath remained.

Tarath took in the stench of death that permeated the now empty asylum, and felt at home. He wandered the grounds, and could still hear the chattering of the insane, and the screams for mercy. The blood soaked halls, the chilling last words scratched into the walls, everything about this place captured Taraths very soul. This was his home now, his own little fortress. He decided to remain and rule over these charnel halls. He even managed to "persuade" some of the stragglers to the escape effort to stick around with him.

From then on in the asylum stood, not as a place of healing but as a house of death. Some driven by curiosity stumble across the place, but none ever return. Who can say what happens behind the doors of Blackwood Asylum?

You want to get crazy?

THEN LETS GET CRAZY.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

House of maddness

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:05 am

((WOW&#33; Exactly a year between the last post and the epilogue&#33; How very apt.))

((EDIT: Okay, alllmost. I'd have made more of an effort if I'd noticed before. ;) ))
Last edited by Borg12345 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.