Slinking back in...

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Slinking back in...

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:55 pm

*Waves awkwardly at 3kul's direction while not even tearing his eyes away from Skyrim.*

<small>Heh, really, it is great you've come back 3kul. It seems you've especially picked a good time, the forum seems to generally have been picking up steam this last bit, so there are quite a few things I think you can easily find a way in to.

Welcome back man&#33; :D
</small>
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Slinking back in...

Post by Swix » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Heya 3kul, great to see you back&#33; I'm glad to see you're doing well, really really well from the sounds of it.

There's a few new things on Pax I'm sure should be easy to hop into, mainly the two Borg mentioned ;). I'm also planning a third, which shouldn't take too long to appear so long as everything goes well.

There's also quite a lot of new Creativity going off recently, such as Borgs videos in Mad Doodles and the, er, RPG diary trend I seem to have unintentionally started XD. Along with Interweaving Threads, which I will finish for several reasons (shameless plug XD).

Also, Skyrim is awesome :D.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

Slinking back in...

Post by 3kul » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 am

Great to see you all again&#33; Seems like I won't have any trouble jumping into some new RPs, now I just need to solve my character crisis that I never got around to fixing last time... :unsure:

Well, I can at least check out the Creativity section in the meantime, it sounds like there's some neat stuff going on over there :)

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Borg12345</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I like how Skyrim is right up there with a new car and new home. XD[/quote]That is because playing Skyrim has taken up more of my free time than the time I spent looking for a new car and the time I spent moving in to my new home combined XD

CP, you're not one of those racist Nords are you?

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Slinking back in...

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Me? No. To be honest all I do is climb/ fall off mountains and shout at the local wildlife.

<small><small><small><small>Oh, and suck blood.</small></small></small></small>

<small><small><small><small><small><small>I occasionally suck the blood of the good people of Skyrim, yes.</small></small></small></small></small></small>

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Slinking back in...

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

See? Upstanding citizen&#33;

<small><small><small><small><small>So long as you don't sparkle, eh?</small></small></small></small></small>

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Slinking back in...

Post by Swix » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>3kul</dt><dd>Feb 27 2012, 03:58 AM</dd></dl><div>CP, you're not one of those racist Nords are you?[/quote]Hey, those 'racist Nords' aren't as racist as they appear to come across .:P.

My char's a Dark Elf and a Stormcloak after all... who's occasionally a werewolf... and likes freeing Thalmor and Imperial prisoners on the road XD.

Did you go Imperial or just set off on your own then 3kul?

Wow CP, you're an upstanding vampiric citizen :O. Wish more vampires were like that XD.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

Slinking back in...

Post by 3kul » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:52 am

Actually, I was an Argonian who helped the Stormcloaks to overthrow the Imperials. I liked the idea of helping the underdogs to start with, but eventually I just got sick of the constant "Skyrim is ONLY FOR NORDS" kind of comments from just about everybody in the rebellion, and after completing the Forsworn quest and seeing my egg brothers and sisters suffering under the fur-covered boot of Nord oppression (like the 'can you get my boss to pay me a decent wage' quest for the dockworker, and the pathetic reward it yields because that's all he has to offer you :( ) I didn't want to help them anymore (but of course by then it was too late).

Next time around I'll help the Imperials out ;)

Raven
Evil Council Member
Evil Council Member
Level 5
Level 5

Slinking back in...

Post by Raven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:04 pm

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you're talking about Skyrim...

I'm almost finished every single quest in the game. I only have about 60 more to go&#33; I've been plowing through them since it came out, though I don't play it as much as I used to. Also, I'm a non-racist Nord :D I was an imperial but my save file got deleted, and the USB I'd backed the all onto got corrupted. Over 200 hours of gameplay, gone. In the blink of an eye. So I started again&#33; Tenacity is useful, when it comes to Skyrim.

Though, I hate Falmer. They annoy me to no end. Even though my sneak skill is 100, they always seem to be able to find where I am. It's annoying for someone who plays as a sniper. Though I am trying to get all my skills up to 100, I'm currently level 59. Just 22 more levels to go&#33;

I love Skyrim.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

Slinking back in...

Post by 3kul » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:40 am

*bump for re-slinking back in...*

So, it's been quite a while since I last appeared on Pax, and I disappeared without much notice at all. I consider just about all of you to be friends so I feel that something of an explanation is in order, but in exchange please excuse me if my post comes across as being a bit too rambling as there's a bit to get through.

Towards the end of December I moved house, did all of the usual Christmas stuff and celebrated New Year, all while simultaneously planning for a trip to China. It was pretty hectic, but knowing that I'd have the trip to look forward to made it easier to push through the hard work of packing, moving, shopping, etc.

For the first three weeks of January I had amazing holiday in China, where I got to meet my partner's friends and family (she is Chinese but rarely travels back to China, so she was really excited about it too). I thought that going to China wouldn't be too big of a problem in regards to staying online as I'd have time to log on every now and then, but I either overestimated the capability of non-Google search engines (Google was blocked in the part of China I was in) or underestimated the great firewall of China - I couldn't seem to find any way to access Pax there at all&#33;

At first I thought I'd just get back in touch when I returned in late Jan, but in the final week of my holiday my Dad got in touch with me to let me know that my grandmother had suffered a severe stroke. There was nothing that I nor anybody else could do, and even if I cut my holiday short it wouldn't make any difference as she wasn't in a state where I could communicate with her in any truly meaningful way, shape or form. My grandfather made the decision not to keep her on life support, and she passed away within a matter of days. I could go into more details but honestly I'd rather not; you can all probably understand how this has left me feeling and I'm still coming to terms with it all.

After I returned from my trip to China I began working at a new school. I'm still teaching the same subjects and year levels (Japanese for year 7, 8 and 9), but the school is quite different and is taking some getting used to. My old school, which I did enjoy working for, chose not to continue my contract because another Japanese teacher who was a permanent member of the staff told them that he was returning - now I've found out that he didn't return to work with them, but instead opted for another job at the last minute (meaning that he never really intended to return to his old job, aka my position, but wanted it available as insurance), and so the school had to go for somebody else instead. I'm still not sure how to feel about that; the short version is simply that "it's complicated", but if you're really desperate for more of the thrilling details of 3kul's professional life then I've got no problem giving you the unabridged version of that story.

In addition to this, over the past few weeks I've also had to deal with trivial yet frustrating and time-consuming problems. The most frustrating and time-consuming of these was dealing with a difficult former real estate agent who refused to return my bond. For those of you too young to know what that is, a bond is a deposit paid on a rental property that covers any damage done by tenants during the time that they live there - if no damage is done then the bond is returned in full at the end of the leasing period. So, for example, if I broke a window and couldn't/didn't replace it, the agent could simply take a portion of my bond to pay for the repairs and I would get whatever was left. The property that I lived in was never in a perfect condition and the agent seemed hopeful that he'd be able to pin some of the problems on me... I got the full amount back in the end but it wasn't easy.

Last and perhaps least of all the recent issues in my life, I had no internet until the beginning of February due to the fact that my ISP got my address wrong.

To summarize, RL has been just way too demanding as of late and I haven't had as much time to do the things that I like and want to do. I've been through some changes, good and bad, and I'm sorry for keeping you all out of the loop. I may or may not be as active as I used to be, but at the very least I wanted you all to know that I'm okay and that I haven't forgotten about you :)

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Slinking back in...

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 am

You are, and always will be, Welcome back 3kul.

Nice to see ya around again. :D

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Slinking back in...

Post by Swix » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 am

Welcome back 3kul :D. Sounds like you've had something of a wild, and not entirely good, ride.

I got sick with a new virus, that was related to the cold virus, that I then went and spread around the rest of my family during the Christmas and New Years period (not intentionally, I thought it was just a dry cough for the first couple of weeks, until it suddenly turned really bad). What a way to start 2013 off&#33;
Last edited by Swix on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raven
Evil Council Member
Evil Council Member
Level 5
Level 5

Slinking back in...

Post by Raven » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:38 pm

It seems 2013 has been pretty ridiculous for us all. Lovely to see you back, 3Kul. Hope everything gets sorted out&#33; My brother had the same problem with his deposit a while back. Congratulations on getting it back - from what I've heard it can be a nightmare to do so.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope your family is okay. <3 ):

All and all, welcome back to the land of madness. RL gets us all, don't sweat it&#33; <3