Just a hello

OrionLowe
Level 1
Level 1

Just a hello

Post by OrionLowe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Hey, did a few searches for rp groups online. Came across yours on a few hits. I'm based in Faroe Islands.

I've done a fair bit of larp but have to travel to Denmark or Scotland to meet up with anyone. The Faroe islands is pretty much just all year farming islands. So live here on a farm. Thatched roof built next to a hill. Like Hobbiton from LOTR.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Just a hello

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Welcome Orion. I wish the forums were more active for you, but it is what it is. However, we are all fairly active on our own Discord server. See it here: https://discord.gg/6s8eaBj

Also, we have a library! Look here for character profiles, location descriptions, etc here: https://paxlib.myfnmc.com

Look forward to RP'ing with you!
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Just a hello

Post by Jent » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Yes. As the local librarian of this community, these new-fangled contraptions of instant messaging are a conundrum. They ruined forum based RPs!

What... What is this AOL Instant-Nevermind. Get out of here you stupid cricket!

Anyways, we are working are getting the forums up to speed again. Though there will generally be someone online on the Discord server as DarkPsycho mentioned. Welcomed to Pax!

sadisticnerd
Level 3
Level 3

Just a hello

Post by sadisticnerd » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Heyo! I'm usually on discord and I rarely post on forums, but you should come over anyways!

OrionLowe
Level 1
Level 1

Just a hello

Post by OrionLowe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Never used Discord. Isn't it like Teamspeak with like chat rooms etc

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Just a hello

Post by Swix » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Hello, welcome to Pax! Nice to see another face-well, username-around here. Hope to see you around more.

OrionLowe
Level 1
Level 1

Just a hello

Post by OrionLowe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Is it then best to use download or log into discord instead of the forums? Do you use hangouts and skype also as already have those?

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Just a hello

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 pm

We had Skype, but we didn't have a good experience with it as a group, so we first moved to slack (another chat service), and then to Discord. Discord is basically a chatroom where we all hang out and RP together in real time. We have more than a few people in Europe, so someone should be online at the same time you are. I'd recommend it, but it's not necessary, we are working to use the forums more.
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

sadisticnerd
Level 3
Level 3

Just a hello

Post by sadisticnerd » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, we used to have slack as well. But we all agreed that discord was the lightest thing for the computers- one of the members was mostly on mobile and skype was a massive battery drain.

but summing up, discord is like...teamspeak, but with chat. Yeah, that's a way to describe it, but you can have private servers for free, or a contact list to private message people, and so on.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Just a hello

Post by Coolpikaaa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome to the group Orion! I'm the friendly neighborhood forum admin, here to welcome you to the fantastic world of Pax! We even brought a... cake...

... okay. The cake is still frozen. We were keeping it for a special day like this. Anywho. Lile the others have said, we are mostly on Discord as well as starting a brand new RP over in the rp section called "Inverted". Check it out!

OrionLowe
Level 1
Level 1

Just a hello

Post by OrionLowe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:09 pm

Made a lemon cake this morning with my mother and sister surprisingly enough. There's some slices to be had XD

BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4

Just a hello

Post by BoltAscendent » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:46 am

Hey hey. Sorry for the slow response. I'm Bolt. I tend to not show up the most quickly on the forums due to some weird glitch that requires me to change browsers.

ANYWAYS, I'm one of the people who sets things up on the Discord server, and can help show you the ropes of the place. Glad to have you.
My life is just a long series of "it seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together.