The Gauss Arcana Tomes

Draconorn
Level 3
Level 3

The Gauss Arcana Tomes

Post by Draconorn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:10 am

Vol. One Foreword:

I, Mani Fireshard, present to the saner residents of Gatesreach the results of many moonshifts of labour and endless cups of coffee. This is the first volume of a series of books documenting some of the more interesting beings native to the Outer Reaches, written for the convenience of my employer Mr. Phaunt and any other scholars who may find some use for this information. The Tomes are named partially for the fortress Gauss and its outlying settlement, where I first concieved the idea of compiling such notables into a list with at least some semblance of order. As a note of warning, please do not be alarmed should you find a duplicate of yourself within these pages. It is a well-known fact that the nature of planar shifting means that it is entirely possible for the same person to exist in several different realities. But beware, your Outer Reaches twin may not behave as you do, and could be dangerous. I will take no responsibility for damage to your health that may occur from visiting your zombie self for a spot of tea.

Signed,
Mani Damas Fireshard

Addendum:

I hasten to remind you, Sprout, that the Arcana Tomes were not your idea, but mine, and that I actually take two sugars in my tea. We will discuss these issues later.
Phaunt
Last edited by Draconorn on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draconorn
Level 3
Level 3

The Gauss Arcana Tomes

Post by Draconorn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:16 am

Vol. Three, pages 523-524:

(Image to be added later, I am currently attempting to clean bloodstains off of it)

Edit-
Full name: Faya LaRouge, it is now confrimed that Faya is her actual first name, but LaRouge is derived from the name she was given during her killing spree, 'Madam LaRouge'. Her actual tribal name is Faya Ao Klau, which she no longer uses out of respect to her dead family.
Nicknames and/or aliases: 'Madam LaRouge'

Place of birth: One of the Ao Klau settlements, in the Rising Mountains of Melloland.
Homeworld: A <del>crapsack</del> unpleasant world at the edge of the Outer Reaches known as Kuloo. Despite its fairytale-like place names and initial appearance of a paradise, it is known to be very inadvisible to live there. Faya is now known to reside somewhere in Pax, but her exact wherabouts are unknown. It may be that she is constantly on the move.

Occupation: Butcher, serial killer and self-proclaimed geologist.

Likes: Rocks, caves, dogs, the colours grey and brown, tea and crumpets (the latter two points are in good taste, if nothing else is.)
Dislikes: Baths, butterflies, milk, most people
Hobbies: Fighting, collecting rocks, cutting things into pieces, exploring, cooking

Appearance: Tall, wiry build, broad shouldered and muscles on arms particularly pronounced. Hands are large in proportion to the body. Face is angular with a slightly jutting jaw, disfigured by a large grin, and the eyes are a similar colour to slate. Hair is limp, often tangled and dirty, and a washed out mousy colour. Skin has a slightly greyish brown tint. Crude armour fashioned of leather and rough metal is always worn, as she owns no other clothes and simply repairs the armour whenever necessary. Never seen without her claymore, rucksack and faithful canine companion.

Personality: Shamelessly insane. Always grinning and cheerful, particularly when enjoying herself in combat or when gathering rocks. Despite her sunny disposition, she is alarmingly savage in a fight and seems to take pleasure from reducing her foes to a bloodied mess. Unfortunately, she also has a tendency to start brawls due to her habit of insulting people without meaning to. Is frequently seen talking to dogs and rocks, and shouting at passing butterflies. She also says strange things in public, and becomes obsessed quickly with things that interest her.
It is believed that under her happy, smiling exterior, Faya is harbouring a burning hatred and need for revenge, as well as guilt at being the only one to survive the massacre of her tribe.

Confirmed abilities: While Faya does not appear to possess any special powers, she is surprisingly strong and can swing her enormous sword with one hand. She also seems to have a high endurance and can go without food or water for longer than a normal human, as well as shrug off light attacks claiming that they 'tickle'. These qualities cause many to believe that she loves rocks so much that she has begun to take on some of their characteristics.

Other notes: Edit - A vague backstory for Faya has recently come to light, and we can confirm that it is indeed the truth. She was born to a proud tribe of mountain nomads and berserkers, who moved between each of their settlements with the changing of the seasons. However, when she was in her teens, the entire tribe was massacred by a cohort of the dual-purpose police force and army, All the King's Men. Having narrowly escaped death herself, Faya swore revenge on the captain who orchestrated the attack, Kurz Rhodes, and the evil King of Milk and Cookies, the one responsible for driving the people of Melloland into poverty.
Faya quckly went mad and, driven by thoughts of bloodlust and revenge, honed her body and fighting style to be like the great stone monuments that sheltered her all her life - the mountains. At the age of twenty one she slaughtered Rhodes, as well as an alarming number of his subordinates, before being finally pinned down by seven men and dragged to jail. She escaped within a week, apparently by using her impressive strength to bend the bars of her window every night until they were wide enough for her to squeeze her lanky body through.
She managed to evade capture for months, planning a strike on her next target - the King himself. However, it seems that someone else got there first. According to her accounts, an 'eight-winged darkness' tore the world asunder, sparing only her and a handful of others, as well as several dogs that happened to be accompanying her. One of these is her now constant companion, Waffles.
She is now obsessed with this dark being and has been actively seeking it, intending to settle the score over the King of Milk and Cookies.

Addendum:

You and I both know the eight-winged being our geologist friend is referring to, Sprout, there is no point in denying it. Her claim is truthful, I looked up the planet Kuloo and would like to point out that where it once existed, there is now only a void. Also, I believe that Waffles deserves an entry of his own, as he also has a role to play in things to come. See to it at once, if you would be so kind.
Phaunt.

Addendum II:

Waffles is a yellow labrador retriever, quite lanky in build as a result of his life of hardships. His most defining characteristic is a curved scar on his right shoulder, on some days he walks on this leg with a slight limp. He is known to be gentle and even-tempered, only barking to warn his human friend of impending danger. He is also seen to be exasperated by Faya's behaviour at times, even to the point of pawing at his muzzle and whining. Of the pair, he is probably the better one to talk to. That is, if you can understand doggish.
Mani Fireshard.
Last edited by Draconorn on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.