Xenoparasites!

A quiet place, where the adventurers of today can relive the quests of yesterday.
Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Xenoparasites!

Post by Borg12345 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm

The screaming creature left no impact on the lord. Loss was such an inefficient emotion. The machines strode onward, reaping the life before them. Balls of energy whizzed passed the lord, with only minimal adjustments to it's position required to dodge the energy flying from the hands on the enraged creature. One of the warriors was struck down in the retaliation, but the lord took no notice. Neither did the warrior, as it pulled itself back together, and back on its feet. The Artificer locked on to Serah, and spoke in a loud booming tone, selected for its intimidating effect on creatures of flesh and blood.

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT CROPS TO BE HARVESTED. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CHAOTIC MIX OF BIOLOGICAL PROCESSES, CREATED BY CHANCE. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT INSECTS TO THE ARTIFICER EMPIRE."

A tree has been ripped in two by the gun fire from the warriors, but the lord simply sliced it in two before it fell. The machine never even stopped to do it.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

Xenoparasites!

Post by Jodie » Fri May 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Serah shook in fear and shouted angrily "WELL INSECTS CAN BE VERY POWERFUL TOO YOU KNOW!" Then added "AND SOME CROPS CAN TURN BAD TOO!"

she then backed away scardly and shouted "I basicley used up all my energy in my Energy balls anyways!, So you won't be able to get much energy from me if you kill me!"

She then mumbled "Fluffy saved my life so many times... And I couldn't even save it's life once..." her eyes waterd and she shouted "I KNOW PRETTY MUCH MY RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, ALL I AM IS A TINY ANT THAT BITES TO YOU I BET!" she fell to her knees and cryed sadly

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Xenoparasites!

Post by Borg12345 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:50 am

Another being begging for mercy, like so many others. The lord kept advancing onwards.

In the hail of fire a tree toppled and crushed one of the warriors. It failed to stand on it's feet again, the damage too catastrophic to repair on it's own.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

Xenoparasites!

Post by Jodie » Mon May 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Serah then thaught about the trees, and from the damage to the normal trees she didn't even want to know what would happen to the others, She also thaught about Fluffy.

Serah closed her eyes and shouted angrily "THAT... IS... IT!" then started glowing red and Shouted "I'V HAD ENUGH OF THIS CHAOS, ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO HOME AND THATS ALL, BUT NOOO!, I GET STUCK HERE AND I BET IF I EVER MANAGE TO GET HOME I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO FIT IN EVER AGAIN!"

The glow got brighter as she got more angry and shot bigger bright red energy balls at the remaining worrier and the lord

<hr />

Zamural heard serah again and sighed "I think I'm going mad...", The Female (I chose to call Foresta) mumbled "I heard it this time..."

Zamural said to Foresta "So it isn't just me?", Foresta shook her head and said "Sounds strange, I never heard anything like it, through it could be those freaky things... or their meal..."

The young one (I call Buzz) tilted his head and mumbled "I wonder if I could try communicating with them?", Foresta growled "No, It's too dangerus&#33;"

Buzz grubled in an annoyed fashion

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Xenoparasites!

Post by Swix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 pm

(Jodie and the Artificer)

The one-limbed creature that Jodie had attempted to speak to had turned what was left of it's blue head to stare at the girl-only for it to be atomised by the soldiers green beams. In fact in their apparently wild firing the soldiers managed to take out any Xenoparasite in the area. Perhaps this triggered something in the creatures collective minds, or perhaps something else set them off, but at the moment the tree fell on the soldier the reanimated bodies came pouring through the trees and began to set upon the Lords soldiers. The large once insectoids with their blades, the lizard birds with their oversized claws and excellent agility, and even some Carrier forms. These simply explosed in clouds of gross clear fluid when they were close enough, setting loose 5 or 6 of the blind Swarm forms each..

Serah might think they were ignoring her, finally-and despite the red energy that burned through their dead flesh too, however that one of the canid Monstrosities then shot out it overlong tongue to snare her may make her think otherwise.
<hr />
(The field)
Oh Zamurals father put up a good fight of course. He even managed to buck a couple of the tenacious Monstrosities back over the wall-though they took considerable chunks of his flesh that they had been tearing at with them. Of course, as soon as one fell two replaced it. It would be a long struggle for the herd leader, but there really was only one outcome. To make matters worse, small Swarm clusters were now making their way over the wall of earth. This was looking to be a very bad day.
Last edited by Swix on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

Xenoparasites!

Post by Jodie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Serah squeaked when she saw all of the creature and stopped glowing as she was startled and squeaked "what the Heck just happen-"

She was cut off as the canid snared her with it's toung and Serah screamed "GET OFF&#33; EWW&#33;" and attempted to get free from the Canid's Grip and thaught 'If onley Fluffy was here...'

<hr />

(it's Zamural's farther the old Herd leader, not Zamural)

The Herd leader just lied down on the ground weakley then sent to the Monstrosities and the swarm members nearby ~what are you, and what do you want here?~

He wasn't expecting a responce through

<hr />

(Some forest near the field)

Zamural sat down and said to the Herd "we better rest here, but keep alert. Those things might have been following us..."

The rest of the herd started to rest, but some stayed awake and/or Alert and watched for danger.

Foresta said to Zamural "Well, I may have not been in the Class as a Fighter in my old herd, But I will defend this herd with you"

Zamural smiled then said "Thankyou Foresta"

Buzz asked Foresta "anyways, What happend to your old herd?"

Foresta replyed "It got to big so they Kicked me and some others out"

Zamural said "well, in this herd the more the merryer, especuraly at times like these..."

Buzz Said exitedly "I realy want to try and make contact with those weird alien things&#33;"

Zamural mumbled "Buzz, I doubt they will be as exited to Communicate as you are, Most likley they just want to hunt"

Buzz gulped then said "Yeah... Good thing your here or I would end up as Alien chow&#33;"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Xenoparasites!

Post by Swix » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 pm

((Sorry, fixed))

(Serah and the Artificer)

Serah would find the tongue that snared was not only dry, it wasn't so strong as the body it belonged to was decaying. The pure muscle did not work as it once used to, and so the grip around her began to loosen-even as it pulled her towards the waiting overlarge canines in an overstretched mouth. She should be able to get free, with just a little more effort. Assuming, of course, that the other canid Monstrosities missed when they tried to snare her too.

More tongues shot out, this time rather bizarrely aimed at the Lord that they had been so trying to avoid before.
<hr />
(The field)
The aliens paused momentarily when Zamurals father asked his question-all of them, even the Swarm. The reptilian would feel something touching his mind, using the connection he had created, and would feel emotions. Anger, sorrow, despair, loss, hatred, an instinct to protect, and on top of all this, an overriding sense of confusion.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Xenoparasites!

Post by Borg12345 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 am

(OOC: I'm assuming they're attacking the warriors too)

With the precision that only a machine could manage, the lord sliced apart each tongue that flew towards it. The approaching monsters were becoming too many however, and it wasn't long before another warrior fell in battle, tangled up and somehow crushed by the monsters. With only one warrior left and no life force being harvested, a retreat was in order. With all it's inhuman strength, it smashed a path though the monsters, leaving a trail of gore in it's wake. The remaining warrior followed shortly afterwards. There was no time for salvage, but mattered not. All that was important was escaping the foul creatures and leaving Serah to her grizzly fate. In it's mind, something new sparked in it's processors. Something powerful, something that bored into it's very core at the thought of this infernal planet and the organic creatures that sought deny it if life force to fuel the Empire.

Hate.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Xenoparasites!

Post by Swix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:41 pm

((Yup, that'd be right))

As soon as The Artificer and his remaining warrior began the retreat, the Monstrosities that had sought to take them down by sheer numbers suddenly reverted back to their previous behaviour of avoiding the machines. Now the battlefield was filled with gore, much shorter tongued canids and far less of the creatures, one might wonder what had set them off in the first place.

Of course, it was around this time that not one, but four bright white lights showed up in the sky, the three larger attached to the much smaller by ethereal tethers. They stopped, briefly hovering impossibly in the sky and then made for a landing at Ground Zero. Lykaios was back at a very bad time, something he often prided himself on.
Last edited by Swix on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Xenoparasites!

Post by Borg12345 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Tracking the lights, the Artificer marched towards Ground Zero once more, Warrior in tow.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

Xenoparasites!

Post by Jodie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Serah squeaked as she was being pulled towards the VERY sharp looking teeth and managed to struggle out of it's grip, Just to get snared again by another of the canid Monstrosity.

She saw the warrior get crushed, and the Artificer and the Remaining warrior retreat then thaught 'why did they attack- wait the tree&#33;' then looked at the Fallen tree and then said quietly "they protect the trees... I get it now, it's not just the grove it's all trees"

She then stopped struggling then shouted "I DON'T WANT TO HARM THE TREES&#33;, I WANT TO PROTECT THEM TOO&#33;" and then mumbled "and be alive when Protecting them..."

She then saw the Lights and gulped and mumbled "that dosn't look good..."

<hr />

The Leader listend to the Emotions then sent ~We are a peaceful Race of creatures, that won't cause any truble for you~

He then got up weakly and sent ~What is it your trying to protect thats making you creatures try and kill my Kin, and other Creatures?~

He felt a little Woozy from the amount of blood lost through the Wounds

<hr />

Buzz Climbed up a tree and looked around then saw the Leader and Shreaked "HE'S STILL ALIVE&#33;, STILL FACING THOSE THINGS&#33;"

Zamural roared "WHAT&#33;?" then Climbed up the Tree and watched, in a matter of seconds the whole Herd was in the Trees watching nerviusley, all afrade of what was about to happen.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Xenoparasites!

Post by Swix » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:40 pm

(Ground Zero)

Lykaios and his cargo landed in the middle of the chaos, four bright specks of light faded to reveal to reveal three metal-rich asteroids and one white wolf in a bubble that was dwarfed by them all. The tethers receded back to where they belonged-around the Underling itself, and the lifeform 'stood' above the middle extraterrestrial rock by a few centimetres, waiting for the machines to return. And once they did:

"Here are your raw materials for your stronghold" the ancient being would say as they entered the area, lying down above the rocks nonchalantly "is that all you need? Or do you need me to hold your hand some more?"
((Sorry, Borg, Lykaios is quite rude sometimes XD))
<hr />
(Outside the grove)
Serah wouldn't find much hope in communicating with the creatures, in fact they seemed to completely ignore her yelling out about wanting to protect the trees. They did nothing save to keep pulling her in-except for one, brief respite that had all of the reanimated creatures freeze for a few minutes.
<hr />
(The field)
All of the creatures around the field, every single one surrounding Zamurals father froze, trying to process the questions he sent. After long consideration of a few minutes the herd leader would get a picture in his head of the red tree grove seen through dead eyes, along with a feeling of safety, affection and admiration for the alien flora-along with a deep sense of loss. Here, the healthy red leaved, grey barked trees withered and died, and the feeling of the loss of a family member pervaded all. Then many pictures of every animal or alien species ever encountered by the two came flooding through, and with this the strong emotions of anger, confusion, vengeance and protection followed.
Then, the horde waited, expectantly, to see what would happen next with this surprise communicator.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

Xenoparasites!

Post by Jodie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Serah managed to struggled out of the Canids grip and started running as fast as she could and squeaked "I so would rather prefer a normle, Boring, human life, to this&#33;"

<hr />

Zamural's father just watched the Pictures then tilted his head unsure how to react, He was mostley stuck thinking about what to say, or send.

<hr />

Zamural watched nerviusley, Buzz mumbled "why are they just standing there, is there a stairing contest or somthing?"

Foresta tilted her head then mumbled to Buzz "they could be talking telopathicley"

Buzz asked "telopathicley?"

Zamural said "It is basicley talking with the mind, thats as far as I can explain it"

The other member watched scardly, Buzz mumbled "The Leader looks realy hurt..."

Zamural mumbled "yes, but I'm afrade if we try and help, we may just get him into more truble, and us in trouble too..."

Buzz said angrily "I could take them any day, with a one and a two&#33;" he punched and scratched at the air, Foresta just sighed and rolled her eyes

The herd resumed watching the Leader and the Xenoparasites nerviusley

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Xenoparasites!

Post by Swix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:55 pm

((OOC: Ah, I was afraid of that XD))
(The field)
The grisly horde waited, still staring, until the idea that what they had done hadn't gotten through to the herd leader, so they sent some new messages. This time one of himself came through, that morphed into a red tree, then back into him. And there was a much smaller version of him, that morphed into one of the Swarm members, and back into a little reptilian.
Next they showed a picture of him being torn apart, dying, but the babies attacked the attackers, slaughtering them. And again, they waited, this time with the slight edge of a threat in their non-verbal communication. The herd leader wouldn't get much more time to understand what they wanted.

Meanwhile, Serah, in her flight of terror, would come across a very large, very bloated, very defenceless fleshy grey growth surrounded by nearly as many canids as the grove, as well as a lot of insectoid Monstrosities with their long, bladed fingers. What she does next, could potentially seal the fate of an entire species.
Last edited by Swix on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodie
Level 5
Level 5

Xenoparasites!

Post by Jodie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:50 am

The Leader was confused then realised what they ment then thaught 'so in the image I guess I represent a tree of some kind, like that weird grove they shown me and the mini me must represent them- i get it&#33;'

He then sent ~I get it now, You want to protect those trees from being killed&#33;~ then thaught 'well my herd would fight to protect me if I didn't tell them to run'

<hr />

Buzz said nerviusley "It's kinda creepy, most of those things don't even look like they are supposed to be alive"

Foresta mumbled "I'm thinking about a Zombie theory"

Zamural sighed "Reality please, through, I do kind of agree with the Zombie thing"

Buzz waved his tail and said exitedly "It would be so cool to be a Zombie i bet&#33;"

Foresta rolled her eyes and said "I seriusly doubt that Buzz"

Zamural just sighed and watched

<hr />

Serah saw the grey growth and thaught 'Ok Serah, you can do this&#33;' then thaught 'I can't belive i'm realy going to do this...'

She then ran as fast as she could whilst trying to avoid the Canids and the Insectoids and attepted to atleast try and pick up, or atleast move, the grey growth.