Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Jent » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:56 am

“Ah, we reached the final area.”

Resting in the center of the forest clearing, laid a radiant lake, boarded by a steep trench encircling it. A trio collectedly ambled over to the strange anomaly, their dark garbs fluttering in the breeze with each passing step. They stopped and looked up. High in the sky the Pass, moon of Pax, eerily shimmered against Kata's form. What could be the reasoning of such a assembly? For the group reached inside their garments to produce a veil scroll, written in unknown script.

The shortest of them motion a palm towards the lake, commanding a strident shout. “Step outside of the circle and rest!”

Before the lake reflection, the gleam of a pearly figure arrives across its surface. A massive, cryptic beast enters the world from the realm of the unseen. The woman relaxes back into a quaint state, no less weird than the marble monster, she gestures the others to etched points around the trench. Her conviction in this imperative matter remained unshaken.

At the opposite point of the lake, the joyful one of the party hollers out to the woman, his mask incapable of shielding his excitement. “Yo, so you ready for this, miss!? “

“As I will ever be, Junior” Peeved, she watches the deranged man deposit an odd flask at the fourth point whilst himself filled the fifth. There, above the circle, as the moon of Pax aligned itself betwixt the two planets, the mysterious participants are alerted to a ravenous quake beneath themselves. The woman stood nerved at her point. Sand and rock skittered against the featureless giant, its gaze locked on to the portal's center. Brilliant streaks of lighting snapped at the churning waters beneath its shadow, as if the very moon shrieked by the intruders of slumber.

On Kata, a similar lake violently rattled the totems tied down beside its shore. Raging flames of the sky burned at the five posts, for they as well channeled a savage sight into the center. What has become of the Pass? For the very stygian skin began to flicker away, revealing a golden glaze enveloping its surface completely. However, a new darkness soon replenished that void.

"Watch out!"

Several tendrils lashed out into the sky, bringing forth a storm frenzy as spikes hailed into the earth. The cloaked figures deftly dodged the preliminary volley, only to witness the flask shatter in a sharp crackle. Shouts of horror sprung in bloom. Scurrying, the masked one leaped on the scotched patch of dirt, only to swear in rage at damage at his feet.

"Not. Good." His hoarse words trembled, unaware at the spear primed at his back above. Fortunately, the final man snapped the aggressor in half, where it rustled the stunned alley to reality. "Pay attention. We need to stop-*glurk*!"

Deadlier than an iron rod, a tendril managed to latch onto the man's stomach. Wrenching in agony, the attempts to rid of the intruder before slammed across the flowery field.

"NO!" Unable to reach the scene, the woman wails at the sky, her right arm cleaved from the shoulder, her tormenting pain resonates throughout her being. This seemingly satisfied the atrocity. Dragging the enfeebled man into the portal, the giant nearly attempts to pluck him from the shadows, only to be frozen by a chime yelled. "DON"T!"

Both of their lungs exhausted, the woman limps after the shadows, already rapidly sinking into the abyss. "Guard. Portal."

On that final note, she falls into the shimmering waters. The Masked man stares in awe as the giant liquidized into the trench, cloaking itself as the earth while he simply stood dumbfounded.

"A pestilence unleashed, an immortal stolen, and two feeble people try to fight the odds, what could be better than that?" The drained frame tumbled backwards onto a pile of Dulse Algae, eyes drearily seeing the vanishing storms vanish, leaving the yellow Pass staring down at him.

((Alright, I got the basis down, had to rewrite a few times :p Anyways, the rules are the same: This is a portal to the mirror-verse of Pax, Discors, (... Horrible name, someone can probably can conjure a better one), where you will encounter mirror versions of your characters. There can either slight differences that are polar, or a stark contrast to their being.))

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Swix » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 pm

After the commotion from underneath and above the Mirror Portal had ceased for a while, there came a roar that echoed in clearing, that was soon followed by the sudden appearance of a large white Dragon popping into existence underneath it. The beast roared a second time in surprise as it hastily slowed it's descent into the water, flapping wide wings and stopping just before a claw on it's muscular foreleg hit the liquid.

The white dragon also had blue underscales that were reflected in the lake, that went from under his throat to his tail tip, and blue scales under his wings. His bright blue eyes glinted icily as they took in his surroundings, before he pulled back his lips over his teeth in a snarl and the white and blue reptile started flying off, headed in the direction of the Encampment

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Jent » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 am

Pax (Dual Planets)

Scarcely able to batter his eyes, the fleeting form of a mirror being provoked the Masked-man to rise. Surveying the fields, he noted a few things that worried him immensity. The Portal still shimmering the diffused light. ~Meaning that the other three: Kata's and those in the mirro-verse are still active. Even when the alignment passes, it should still be possible to reawaken the lakes without as much power as before. It should be able to hold the main one for quite some time if need be.~

By the shoreline, nothing more than specks of ash remained from the woman's arm, leaving him with one less bothersome question should it arise. Though, the fact of a off-world dragon definitely will cause a problematic situation. He feared it might recognize him. So, the man walked towards the Encampment, each step regressing him to that of a raven until well suited for flight.

---------

Pax (Eight Moons)

Her situation was no less better than her compatriot. Just ahead, a creature so intermixed where chimera would hardly classify its kind. Horrendous groans coursed inside the beast's hide, cracking of bones and gushing of fluids tainted the air of a grim sensation that enfeebled her breath. Bracing against awe-struck, she propped herself with her left arm, glaring at the obscene sight by the wisps of red light underneath her chest. ~That idiot! He didn't need to protect him; blithering hero.~

She swatted away lively pond scum off her forehead, still amazed at the near-perfect restoration of her arm. Was this the precipice of her potential? The very notion repulsed her gravely, at the cost of what held dear to her most than the world. Mumbled profanity gargled in her throat as her eyes fell upon the obsidian orbs swimming in the sky.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:30 am

Pax (Eight Fragments)

"Yes, Dear. Of course I see it."

Perched on a rocky outcrop overlooking the lake was a fearsome sight. A terrible monster was watching the preceedings with interest, undulating it's massive scorpion-like tail. The beast was a Manticore, and a unique one at that. The colors that made up it's body appeared to have been painted on, lovingly and masterfully, from mane to leathery wing tip.

"M'hmm. Already on my way, Dear."

The creature moved, bounding along the barren wasteland. A humanoid skull was crushed under his large paw with a fanged grin, as it soon spread it's wings and took off into the murky sky.

"Of course I'll be careful. I'm always careful."
<hr />
On the ground, the monster stepped slowly from the shadows crouched, stalking the woman laying at the lake's bank.

"Hello lovely... Is it a good night for a swim?" The Manticore asked the woman, drawing closer. "I need to ask you a few questions about what you are up to. By questions... I mean I want to know Every. Last. Detail."

The Manticore accented all three of those words with a forceful prod from it's tail.

"I'm informed the next one goes through your heart if we're not satisfied." He added, smiling with the oily black pools that could be called eyes.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Jent » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Glancing above, the manticore's imposing mystique only further incited her fury, threatening her life for information like many an abductor. At least the second beast had manners. "Perhaps if you could wait a minute, I have urgent-&#33;"

The once encamping monstrosity that she followed over here suddenly vanished. Just dandy. Not only that he was kidnapped, she had NO IDEA where he went. At her limit, a flare of crimson light enshrouded the woman. Before it ceased, she sunk below the muddy earth, occasional sparks danced across her skin as she dove underneath a tree trunk ahead.

"Fine. You'll have your answers." Came a booming retort. "Though, on the two conditions: any personal information of mine, irrelevant to my journey here, must not leave this world. Second." Her body rose out from the trunk, a scowl straining her face. "I require assistance in retrieving a certain someone that YOU made me lose track of."

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:13 pm

"Ooh... a mission." The Manticore replied to the woman with a smile. He did certainly enjoy hunting things. "Of course I'll keep your secrets. Right to the grave..."

He was having trouble keeping track of the woman, now that she seemed to sink and dive into nearly everything. His tail swished curiously and he waited.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Swix » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:00 am

The white Dragon roared again, making his way over to the settlement, flying low over the tops of the trees in the forests before he'd get to the settlement. The white and blue Dragon was clearly enjoying himself, despite these strange circumstances. He'd accidentally dived through a portal of some sort when he'd come to investigate what it was, and ended up on the other side of it... where everything seemed, somehow, different.... yet at the same time it wasn't. The Ice Dragon scratched his neck as he flew, surely someone had some information about something, right?

Flying so low the tops of the trees nearly scarcthed his stomach, this strange creature came upon the settlement of people very fast, and landed on the edge, folding his wings back over the top of his back and surveying from the ground for anything different.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Jent » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Pax (Eight Moons)

Unamused, the woman jumped off the rotten wood. “And no killing him either, even if it was possible.” She said with a puzzled look.

Dealing with the kinks in her neck, her hands patted off the dust that accumulated from her 'swim.' She loathed having to deal with such a highly unpredictable creature; known for being infamous man-eaters across the realms she traveled. And now one just sat right in front of her. Sighing, sauntered over to the mythical creature. “To ease any tension by lack of familiarity, we should go by names than rather than nouns. I'm “Theresa 'Alexandria' Valentine,” noted traveler of the multi-verse. Though among others, refer me to as Alex.”

She paused momentarily for the Manticore to present a name of some sorts, then she continued. "Though, I like to make some progress in this uncanny place as I explain my reasoning for my visit." Alex gestured a walking motion with her fingers.

---------

Pax (Dual Planets)

Such agility, his father wasn't kidding on the grace of the draconic kin. Even in his best attempts of a Blackstarian Camel, he could only keep it within view, given the thick grove before him. ~It doesn't seem aggressive at the least, to the point it may be in pure whimsy of being in a new world.~ Shaking his head, the shape-shifter snapped another bundle's worth of branches as he sped onward to the Encampement.

=

The veterinarian Miyuzo gazed over a row nests within her house. The tiny pearly eggs glistened under the shoddy lamps that hung above them, basking with enough light for stimulation. Smiling at such a wonder, she excited her home, taking in the glorious sights of the busy Encampment.
Last edited by Jent on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Swix » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:31 pm

The white Dragon raised his head in bewilderment at the sight and smells of this place. This wasn't his Encampment. There was a different underlying scent here. The reptile took a large sniff and then turned his head and attention to Miyuzo. Animal healers tended to be slightly more receptive to something his size. "Hey, you, over there&#33;" he called, moving that way too "I wanna ask you a few questions&#33;"

<hr />[/hr]

In the other world, a huge horned snake slithered silently out of the foliage that had surrounded the clearing. It had it's eyes closed, and was navigating by way of flicking out it's forked tongue and using pits on each side of it's cheeks to sense heat, as well as using it's skin to sense vibration along the ground "Threatening people again are you?'
Last edited by Swix on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Pax (Eight Moons)

"That's all very fine Miss. Valentine, though I must say for someone "noted", I'm afraid I've never heard of you. Also, to be frank, names don't hold much significance at the moment. I would much rather learn more about what exactly the lake you created is, how it's controlled, and why you are here. Perhaps even why we are chasing down this friend of yours?" The Manticore asked, following her. His tail had swished to hang over her shoulder, and should she run, a very nasty sting was waiting. He was just covering his bases. They hadn't said anything about leaving so soon, without the information, and she seemed very set on doing just that.

Before proceeding very far at all, the mythical beast paused having heard the crushing of leaves. Before them, a massive reptile crushed out of the bushes, looming over the duo with her immense size. It was a snake, a Basilisk, violently horned and mouth filled with row after row of shredding razor teeth.

"Threatening people? Me? You know I would never do that&#33; In fact, I'm helping her find a lost friend&#33;" He grinned, apparently recognizing the monster. "Did you want to tag along?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Swix » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:38 pm

"Maybe once, I could believe that" the monstrous serpent answered the Manticore, then looked from his heat signature to the womans and back again "Yes, I think I would like to tag along"

The Basilisk moved to slither along beside them
Last edited by Swix on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Jent » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Pax (Eight Moons)

The menacing limb hanging precariously over her shoulder wasn't to her liking, but at least an improvement over trapped in that lake. “You haven't? Perhaps that is a good thing on my part. “ Alex replied with intrigue. “I tend to prefer to call people by some sort of title, rather than what they appear to be. Looks can be deceiving. As for the details, I simply wanted to not sit by as you int-”

Glimpsing at the corner of her eye, she discerned yet another legendary creature alerted to her presence. ~Great, why not another deadly friend in this stupid quest.~ Alex listened to the short converse between the two. We're they comrades, or enemies? Regardless of affiliation, the last thing she need was them both fighting her at once.

"So, a trio, hmm." She said to the Basilisk. "So what are you? The Manticore is easy to recognize, though I have a few good reasons not to turn my head fast."

---------

Pax (Dual Planets)

Miyuzo took a second glance as the white dragon approached. Could it really be? She only met a few familiar species and stories of the resident one here, but not a genuine dragon. A swift hand covered her lips, barely capable of holding back her squeals. ~Oh my, one is right here&#33;~

Rushing back inside, she quickly grabbed a sketch book and a pen as various thoughts sprung in her mind. Yet, she must be patient. Exiting the house, she quickly brushed back her hair, nerves still frantic at such a discovery. “Um, well...” Miyuso tried to speak. “What is it that you needed, mister dragon?”

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Swix » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 pm

"What I am is probably more complicated than you might imagine" the giant snake said to the woman "but for now I'm a Basilisk. You know what a Basilisk is, right?"

<hr />

The white Dragon stopped close to Miyuzo, liking the title 'Master Dragon'. "Well, I have this strange feeling that this place is not the one I should be in. Do you know about any other Dragons around here? Or anything about it lake nearby that isn't quite right?"
Last edited by Swix on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Coolpikaaa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:16 am

"She's a Basilisk. It's a giant magical snake. Blah, blah, blah, don't look her in the eyes or you'll get a bad case of the 'made completely out of stones'." The Manticore sighed, bored. "Really. As great as it is to see you, Lady Alex here was about to tell us some very crucial information."

The Manticore then developed a curious look, tilting his head as if listening to something only he could hear.

"Yes, I know." He said with a hint of frustration, clearly not talking to them until he was. "Please, go ahead with the explaining."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

A Mirror To The Past

Post by Swix » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 am

"Us?" said the snake, staring at the Manticore with her infra-red pits since she couldn't currently look at anything without turning it to stone. The serpent thought, then turned her snout towards Alex "I'd answer him if I were you. He has a habit of, well, I'm sure you can imagine with that tail over your shoulder, it wouldn't be very pleasant. And you definitely want me along with you now"

The Basilisk seemed genuinely eager in her desire to come along now, if she hadn't before.