Records

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Records

Post by Jent » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:06 pm

<big>Understanding the First Human Transmutation Circle (and their effects afterwards)</big>

Active Components

Myself

Problem:

“My existence, bonded to my soul, was interwoven with a dimensional parasite which calls itself 'Trace.' I have come to the theory that much of my good fortunate that would have been applied to me in my travels has been leeched off by what appears to be a Norn with above-human intellect... Despite the constant its child-like attention span... I highly advise anyone that comes across it to stay as far as possible from the parasite... And likely anything derived from it...â€

Solution:

“The entire reason I planned for the Human Transmutation in the first place&#33; I was too tired to keep up this loser's game with that... THING... I knew that the bond of me to it was far stronger than any mental link... As I have already ruled out...â€

Outcome:

“... It should have worked... IT SHOULD HAVE&#33; I couldn't sleep with that tempest screaming in my mind endlessly... I latter went to discuss with Tarchies about this and... The latest parasites found in Blackstar's Dojopolis...â€

Jent (of Blackstar Dojo)

Problem:

“... I don't trust him... This... man has to be his mirror... I just know it... Apparently, something similar to a poltergeist or a tulpa was encoded into the Jentil's own mind-likely caused by something he done to himself, I wager- who could override control over his body and powers... I still need to learn more about Distortion to protect myself better in the future...â€

Solution:

“A thorough mental wipe to rid of the 'over-abundance' of his MIND so that Jent would be cleansed of Homunculus... Ha..Ha...Ha... What the multiverse has is a sick sense of humor..."

Outcome:

“My... Gods... At first I thought this bastard came out perfect in the VOID-ARRAY where the rest of us came out with varying problems... Oh no, not him... Parasitic clumps of cells capable of possessing humans and channeling Distortion through them...â€

Paul

Problem:

“A drunken Lycanthrope? … Nope... Or at least, not all the time. This 'Paul' doesn't have a stable body; constantly reforming itself when under significant stress that is mitigated by depressants such as alcohol... Note to self: Do not test caffeine with Paul, results likely to be dangerous...â€

Solution:

“Provided that it is a purely a defect in his body manifesting large amounts of physical energy denoting to the BODY, then directing the excess to one who lacks should help force the two forms to stabilize on their own accord... Simply budding yields more of a 'Goo Outbreak' as cross-referenced with Repcoil's account with the other species...â€

Outcome:

“... Well... He isn't catatonic like Blackstar's Aaron was before... Seems quite malleable in new experience, so this new being might be of use... And the ichor, while more potent than before, isn't causing him to uncontrollably shift into random forms... Kinda reminds me of a golem in the way he acts now...â€

---

"As I'm unable to retrieve my research that once lay protected in my bunker; it is in my best interest to record what I can recall of this copy of my mind and whatever snippets of clues I can locate during my stay here. For starters, understanding where my first collaborative work with the magician Nazo went wrong... and the possible implications still echoing to this day..."
Last edited by Jent on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Records

Post by Jent » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:01 pm

<big>Cont.</big>

Passive Components

Nazo

Problem:

"... Constant years of wear and tear... No matter how much you attempt to repair just the BODY and MIND... Leaving the SOUL out of the equation had proved be a careless error for the magician. 'Not even sure himself on just how many curses had bored their marks without him knowing, yet the old fool kept going on to watch over mortals he deemed necessary to protect... That ticking time-bomb likely would have detonated right beside them if he didn't bother to self-reflect on his own internal scars..."

Solution:

"... Not the simplest course of action, especially concerning the risks at the time where a REBOUND could occur during the VOID-ARRAY. Entangling my infected SOUL to his cracked own should have swapped our current mirrors... Allowing me to 'take the mantle' of watching over the Yamato siblings and the other beings he attended to... Thus a chance for him to die in peace..."

Outcome:
"... It didn't happen as we planned... What my luck... Essentially restoring Devon Parker, which he decided to call himself now, to as close as possible to his prime... While I had to dwell with the voices booming in my head..."

Aaron (Youngest)

Problem:

"... Funny really, I never expected his mirror to be so young... Perhaps that might be the reason why their personalities contrast so well... Was this child merely born in better times? ... Or just the bad luck accumulated on his end where he stayed nearly comatose most of the time? ... That Distortionist... said this one's body attacked itself, endlessly breaking and relinking neurons through the strange cells he possessed..."

Solution:

"... A selfish desire, some might say... Were both the DOMINANT and PASSIVE MINDS to entangle in the process, the chance of that Homunculus not being destroyed were higher than Nazo felt comfortable with... Potentially sending the child into shock as the mental virus might try to reconfigure this Aaron's body to better fit its existence, or as far as completely taking over him... The soul inside is quite pure, so in event of death he would most likely ascend to the afterlife with no issue..."

Outcome:

"...The child lived, able to fully manipulate those cells as easily one could perceive thoughts... The philosophical questions he wouldn't stop inquiring me about were at times more of a headache than my aching 'heart'... Still... Devon would only really need to worry about is his mirror now..."

Repcoil

Problem:

"... Wraith much? Somehow clinging onto a form of existence after a strange venom decayed his body from the inside-out... This 'second death' had less immediate pain compared to the scientists' experiments that forged his previous body with aspects of different animals, basically becoming a chimera, yet... The agony lingering on made him wish he stayed in that wretched form still..."

Solution:

"... Balancing out the life energies from Paul's BODY to Repcoil's shadow of one should help stabilize them both. If the experiments of tricking that metamorphic tissue with enough shock kept it from reverting back instantly... Striking every single molecule at once should allow the array to restructure the bodies as best it can..."

Outcome:

"... Similar to Devon I can say... Becoming more 'human' than their last incarnation, though he instead gained a new physical identity from what I could gather at the present time..."

---

"... The way the REBOUND occurred seems too... Planned... Too precise... Why am I the only one who really suffered in the end&#33;? ... Jent, Grathon, Devon, Aaron, Qendrim... Their mirrors changed along in unexpected ways than theorized at the beginning... Speaking with the sorcerer might provide more insight of what exactly happened in Whitestar Ojod while I was gone..."
Last edited by Jent on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Records

Post by Jent » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:09 pm

TRANSCRIPT: =THE CORUNDUM CONDUNDRUM=
TO: ENDO-SKELETON ALCHEMIST - TRACY ALEX VALENS

[8:00:42 AM] SORCERER:Ah, hello Tracy. :)
[8:00:50 AM] ALCHEMIST: Don't call me that.
[8:01:34 AM] SORCERER: Very well then, 'Miss Valentine.' What was this urgent matter you mentioned earlier to one of my servants?
[8:02:25 AM] ALCHEMIST: To verify some suspicions I've gathered over the past several months.
[8:03:10 AM] SORCERER: So add to your current tab?
[8:08:01 AM] ALCHEMIST: Yes, that will be fine.
[8:08:13 AM]SORCERER: Excellent. Now, what are your particular inquiries that I might assist you with?
[8:10:03 AM] ALCHEMIST: They relating from aftermath of the original Alchemist's departure from Whitestar Ojod to the ongoing results of the TRANSMUTATION event.
[8:12:33 AM] SORCERER: Ah, interesting...
[8:13:10 AM] ALCHEMIST: Quite. Did you ever happen to come across this? (FILE TRANSFER ACCEPTED)
[8:14:09 AM] SORCERER: A Creature?
[8:14:20 AM] ALCHEMIST: That one, not the species as a whole.
[8:17:21 AM] SORCERER: Unlikely, Hardman Norns weren't the most common back in that realm. So unless he ditched the strange garment, I never saw him.
[8:18:35 AM] ALCHEMIST: What about the Ala? Did she change in way you noticed?
[8:19:18 AM] SORCERER: Sorry, Miss Valentine. I hold client confidentially quite high in my profession. You could ask her yourself if it is so important to your study.
[8:29:55 AM] SORCERER: I can inform of the happenings of what I can say of Whitestar that might be of value to you.
[8:31:02 AM] ALCHEMIST: That would be great.
[8:50:41 AM] SORCERER: (FILE TRANSFER DENIED)
[8:50:56 AM] ALCHEMIST: How much more will this cost?
[8:52:43 AM] SORCERER: The standard rate I normally offer for you, of course. :)
[8:56:22 AM] ALCHEMIST: Fine.
[8:56:48 AM] SORCERER: (FILE TRANSFER ACCEPTED)
[12:12:13 PM] SORCERER: Did it help you in your endeavor?
[12:18:39 PM] ALCHEMIST: It has, your effort clearly shows.
[12:19:18 PM] SORCERER: Thank you. :)
[12:20:37 PM] ALCHEMIST: Perhaps you should plaster some fliers in the Encampment? You get a lot more business that way.
[12:25:58 PM] SORCERER: ... The political climate there is too unstable to promise any worthwhile gains.
[12:26:06 PM] ALCHEMIST: What do you mean by that?
[12:27:14 PM] SORCERER: Consider that a free warning, no extra charge.
[12:29:27 PM] ALCHEMIST: Nevermind.
[12:30:01 PM] ALCHEMIST: Why isn't there any information on Grathon's mirror? You know I've been asking you on that for weeks now.
[12:38:42 PM] SORCERER: My ability to gather intel only reaches so far. After your little 'experiment' in the Void, the immortal couldn't be found in Whitestar since then.
[12:39:22 PM] SORCERER: Nor either Pax.
[12:41:15 PM] ALCHEMIST: ...
[12:43:46 PM] SORCERER: The being was never a client of mine.
[12:44:33 PM] SORCERER: You know me by now I hope. :)
[12:59:48 PM] SORCERER: Tracy?
[13:00:11 PM] ALCHEMIST: DON'T CALL ME THAT&#33; I WAS BUSY&#33;&#33;&#33;
[13:01:38 PM] SORCERER: :)
[13:02:23 PM] SORCERER: Any other questions for now? :)
[13:05:28 PM] ALCHEMIST: … Not now...
[13:06:46 PM] SORCERER: Perfect, make sure to check in tomorrow.
[13:07:55 PM] ALCHEMIST: …