Pax Hunger Games

For RPs which do not take place within the linear setting of Pax.
User avatar
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#1

Post by Game Master » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Welcome all to a bit of non-Canon fun, the Paxite Hunger Games! The rules are simple:

Rules:
1. All contestants must be mortal, and require nutrition and hydration.
2. Any contestant with super strength will be drained of that power to the point where they are a strong, but normal, humanoid. Other abilities such as magic may be diminished, but still work.
3. At the start of the competition, there will be a one week sign up period. After that, Rounds will last one week or until everyone has posted (whichever is shorter). The Storyteller will then update each person on what they see/find, and we will move onto the next round.
4. If you miss two rounds in a row your character will automatically die a grizzly and horrible Non-canon death. Gotta keep things moving ;)
5. Normal combat rules apply. Players call hits on their PC's. However, if the Game Master feels that a Player is being unfair, they reserve the right to initiate an environmental hit. Players must accept such any environmental hit.
6. Each character may have one item from their personal inventory in the Arena. HOWEVER, that item is not on them from the start, and must be found within the Arena. Please PM me (The Game Master) with the item you choose to take into the Arena.
7. Winner is the last Player Character left alive!


Each of you come to standing in a tube. You get the distinct sensation you are going up, and upon looking up you confirm this suspicion - as a bright point of light is steadily getting larger. You finally reach it only to find yourself at the nexus of four distinct zones, each going off into the horizon further than you can see.

Image

Other people are rising from similar tubes around you, forming a circle around a pile of supplies, but oddly no weapons. You try to step down, but there appears to be a force field keeping you in place, as are they. A voice sounds from overhead.

"There they are, the brave competitors from the worlds of Pax. This, ladies and gentlemen, is shaping up to be the finest Hunger Games yet!"

((Let the sign ups begin!))
Last edited by Game Master on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#2

Post by Game Master » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:34 pm

((Random question I just got: How do you sign up?

First, post which character your using, and what they are doing while they wait for the countdown to be freed.

Second, send me the item of yours that is in the arena.))

Lulubelle
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#3

Post by Lulubelle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 pm

There was a buzzing in his ears, and then light filled his vision. He could see that he was in an arena of some sort, having escaped the darkness of the tube. He stood on a small platformed that formed a small circle with other platforms. He started blankly at the other tributes for only a moment before his vision blurred. All at once, Dante covered his face with his hands and began to cry, only sniveling at first. His cries grew louder and louder until the only sound that could be overheard over the start of the countdown was his insufferable sobbing.

Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Pax Hunger Games

#4

Post by Swix » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:48 pm

A woman was one to rise through the tubes, blinking at the light above after coming to. Her first thought upon coming to was 'Oh no not again' and the second once brought to the top was followed by 'Well at least I have clothes this time. That's already a better start then the last four' and the third was 'Ow, my ears'. This woman wearing multicoloured patchwork trousers with cloth shoes and a grey shirt, blonde hair and bright green eyes was Savannah, the owner of the 'Prehistoric Pets' shop.
Last edited by Swix on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#5

Post by Jent » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

Sensations of nausea and pain quaked through Sergius in the unfamiliar chamber. How did he end up here? Why is his body feeling so weak? Clearly shouting in an idiotic manner would draw attention to the cornered Homunculus, standing now still in the cylindrical prison. "... Whatever happened... I need to find a way out of here," he muttered whilst straightening out his rough apparel. Last thing aware in his mind was scouting in town, dragging the ends of ragged denim jeans and trying to be less suspicious in his dark jacket. Now the only thing on his mind was to get out of here.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#6

Post by 3kul » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 am

A small figure, around a metre in height, emerged from another tube, though unlike the others this one could not be considered humanoid. His head was nearly the same size as his body, quite bulbous, with two bulging eyes, a tiny mouth and no nose or ears that could be seen. He seemed bald, save for several tall shoots of green sprouting from very apex of his oddly shaped head.

His body was a little hunched over, similar to that of a chimpanzee, though his arms and legs were more like roots than limbs. Indeed, this creature was more vegetable than animal, though the colourful rags adorning his body suggested that he was not without intelligence, and it seemed far more mobile than the average houseplant. He shifted from all fours to his hind roots, looking a little unsteady as he raised himself higher to get a better view of the arena he now found himself in.

He gazed about in silence, growing steadily anxious as he came to appreciate just how hostile the world around him was. Frozen mountains, a desolate wasteland, lakes of fire... His eyes stopped on the dense forest, the only location that seemed even remotely appealing to him. He attempted to walk towards it, but bumped into some unseen force. He brushed his roots against it, trying to feel what he couldn't see, but his train of thought was interrupted by a loud voice from the sky. He shifted back to all fours, hunching low in a defensive posture, eyes straining to see the source of the voice.

"What... What is 'Hunger Games'?" The creature called back.

((Been a while since I've RPed so I'm going with a new character, who I'll admit I've yet to even name. If you struggle to imagine what he looks like, think of a chimp with a big onion for a head and eyes like one of those pop-eyed goldfish you're pretty close :P ))

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 4:00 am
Contact:

Pax Hunger Games

#7

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 am

Tom cursed is luck. Unlike the other creature, he had read that book before being taken from Earth, and knew what a "Hunger Games" was. And of course it would be real - if pokemon turned out to be real, why not this?

He really wish he had his knife on him. He at least had his fatigues on - which would help him with camoflague. Thank the gods for small miracles.
Image
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

User avatar
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#8

Post by Game Master » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 am

The voice did not answer the question. The voice was not there for the contestant's benefit. It was there for the audience, who had tuned in for the bloodsport.

A holographic number ten appeared above the stockpile. A second later it ticked down to 9, then 8

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

A canon's boom was heard as the shields released, freeing the combatants.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#9

Post by 3kul » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:38 am

The roaring sound of the cannon was completely unfamiliar to the bulb-headed creature. It was deafeningly loud, yet the source was completely unseen. Had the voice that spoke earlier been angered by his question? Is it possible that it had not known he was there until he spoke?

The reason why ultimately didn't matter; what was most important now was to get to safety. The creature attempted to rush off his platform in a different direction to before, hoping that the unseen force that prevented him from leaving earlier had not surrounded him in a trap. He fell forward somewhat awkwardly, finding no resisting force to stop him as he tumbled off his platform, then hit the ground running, heading straight for the towering forest to the north.

Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Pax Hunger Games

#10

Post by Swix » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Seeing the strange bulbous creature step forth and rush towards the forest, Savannah deliberately stepped out of her tube and gazed out at each of the four biomes. The woman too had been ripped from Earth, though while she had been dropped in so many biospheres before and knew survival, she'd only ever heard of 'Hunger Games', never read it.

"Tom!" she called over "What is a 'Hunger Game' exactly?"
Last edited by Swix on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#11

Post by Jent » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Did that woman just say Tom? The vaguely familiar name perplexed Sergius at first while exiting the infuriating shield once it fell. It sounded like a name from the Encampment that is for sure.

"Regardless, I need to be prepared for the worst," the homunculus muttered under his breath at the start of a dash. There seemed to be some supplies ahead, and gathering anything in strange world is of utmost importance.

Lulubelle
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#12

Post by Lulubelle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Dante was truly, truly panicked. The deafening boom of the cannon resounded in his ears. He, with shaking legs, stepped off the platform, stumbling forward onto the ground. He choked back a sob and clutched blades of grass in his hands. He lay there on the ground like an injured animal. If he hadn't died already, he thought, he was definitely going to be killed soon. He should have have been dead by now, right? Maybe they'd gang up on him all at once and put him down together. He didn't know what the other tributes were planning, and he didn't want to find out.

Dante lurched to his feet suddenly and made a beeline for the supplies. He didn't know what to look for; he didn't know what he would need. He sat on his knees searching for something-- Anything-- That he could use-- Anything that would help him.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 4:00 am
Contact:

Pax Hunger Games

#13

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Tom Stepped down, ran to the supplies, and started rummaging through them while replying to Savannah.

"If it's anything like the books, it's a gladiatorial Blood sport mixed with a survival show. They lock the contestants in and have us kill each other until there is only one left. If we refuse, they'll try to either force us or kill us with the environment. It may look natural, but in the books they had it booby-trapped nine ways to hell. Help me gather supplies, if I don't know if escape is possible but I don't intend to be killing those I swore to protect."
Image
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

User avatar
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:00 am

Pax Hunger Games

#14

Post by Game Master » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:20 pm

As Tom, Sergius, and Dante looked through the supplies, they saw things you'd expect like a fire-starter, rope, camping gear - but no weapons. The only odd things the pile were a paper bag with some holes poked into it, a stack of wood, some stones, plant fibers, and thatching like you'd expect on a tropical roof.

Pion, meanwhile, rushed through the woods. The setting looked otherwise like any jungle. Birds and other animals called back and forth, and bugs buzzed through the air. After a while he came to a stream that was too deep and wide to cross normally. Looking left, he saw a fallen tree over it about 50m downstream, but it looked slick with moss and rain.

Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Pax Hunger Games

#15

Post by Swix » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:08 pm

"Ohhh... So it's like being back on an ARK Island then... Great, just great" Savannah muttered the last part and went to rummage through the supplies. She didn't like this idea one bit, and the sound of booby traps even less so, and she really didn't want to have to kill anyone. She'd mostly avoided that unless she absolutely had to in the other survival scenarios, including the one she'd got her dual memory blocking and unlocking implant in her wrist from. Savannah recognised the thatch, stones, plant fibers and pieces of wood as extremely malleable and useful to someone wearing the involuntary tool that she had and proceeded to grab them all. "This should get me started, don't think I can carry anything else" She glanced over at the other two-the kid who'd been crying and someone who looked vaguely familiar, and frowned "From my experience deserts present the greater environmental hazard with lack of water and shelter plus both boiling hot and freezing cold temperatures, not to mention the plants and animals in it. Snow has less animals but even more freezing and lack of food, forests have an abundance of resources but usually the largest and nastiest creatures living in it not to mention more hiding places, and a place full of lava... that's going to have virtually nothing in it. Only thing I can think of as an asset for going there is that it's unlikely for others to" Savannah chewed her lip. Deserts and forests were what she was most familiar with, but the others had pros and cons of their own
Last edited by Swix on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply