Maelstrom: Aftermath

BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoltAscendent » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 pm

"Well, then it is a shame you did not, for you inspire me in your god daughter. Your chosen came up with the plan. Like god, like champion, yes? Eternally more knowledgeable than others. Skathi was dealt with, unable to escape and cause problems, and dealt with non-lethally." The witch curled up, sitting in the air. "All the anger in the world will not change what is done. Skathi is dealt with, no one is dead. Felicia can be dealt with but I believe her already handled. I could only watch so much at once. And a celestial, eldritch, and curse boosted demigod is not the place for a weakened, limited goddess who's powers she had been gorging herself on. We warnwd Solveig as well that she was walking into a trap, abd she was drained, nearly cursed, and possibly planned to be stolen from. You would have been anticipated and preyed upon."
My life is just a long series of "it seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Ariel: Then at least no mortals would be hurt. I get torn to my very core, I"m an immortal. Given enough time I'll regenerate. Tom will not grow back his leg. One of you die, you do not come back. That is why I didn't want you to go. That why it should have been me up there dealing with *my* mistakes. I will not be responsible for another mortal death if I can help it.
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Jent » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 pm

"... To be frank, Ariel Marie, your presence-much like the witch alone-would had resulted in too much unpredictability," Altima stated, coughing from the lengthy interjection. She interlaced her fingers together during an attempt to catch her breath.

"I did not expect Phoebe to be there either... No doubt her involvement stirred events in ways I can't imagine," she pointed out. Annoyed at all these deities fiddling in mortal matters. Things be a lot simpler if only the group she expected in the trip to Kata involved no immortals. "But while you are here... I have something to deliver..."

Draining considerable strength and concentration, Altima summoned four stone coffins out from the earth. They seemed attuned with the element, rather hiding underneath the entire time. Regardless, each of the polished containers broke up to reveal their occupants: clones. One of Alva 'Maria' Idfure, another a composite humanoid of Wander sect origins, and replicas of Solveig and Mana Mundil.

"... These... Cloned bodies I gotten from a trade... As well the return of a Devon Parker," she explained, falling to the ground from exhaustion. "He... Will stay in the 'mirror world' under my watch... As the Ala appears to taken permanent residence in this universe..."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Abi coughed a little from where she sat on the steps before saying "They did it out of their own Free Will Ariel, you would deny them that to keep them safe?" Abi then got up and walked inside the Temple slowly afterwards-she wanted to keep an eye on Tom-and probably get some water too.

Meanwhile, Jinx just stared at the coffins that Altima brought up. "Wh-what in the heck?"

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 am

Ariel: And I did not stop them Abi. But it doesn't mean I can't let them know, in no uncertain terms, how stupid an idea it was.
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 am

Abi: Fair... enough

Jinx now looked up from the creepy cloned bodies to look at Ariel again, the young Jix took in a deep breath before she spoke up gently. "Godmother... You're immortal, not invincible. Whatever Skathi was working with was manipulating her celestial part. It was using that. If you'd gone up there it could have used you. You'd have become a threat to everyone again. You'd probably have been responsible for more mortal deaths right now. And there was an idea that there might have been a Void being that could eat gods up there, I know where you sit among the Moralities. With your absence Chaos would be released again. Your presence in the fight and absence if you'd failed would have caused far more damage than if any of us fell. Whereas if one of us had died, the universes will still exist and Pax won't have to face a truly Mad God again" That had taken quite a bit of courage for Jinx to speak up, and she looked at the ground afterwards like she was expecting to be yelled at again.
Last edited by Swix on Wed May 02, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Jent » Wed May 02, 2018 12:51 am

"You're god daughter speaks words of the wise, Ariel Marie," Altima spoke out after the Jix. "Only she among us three physically stood there in that battle. My glimpses, however many, do not measure up to genuine experience there."

The Distortionist looked over to Grathon's departure from the Temple. While not quite understanding the reason for these clones, nor the true origins, could comprehend the silent gestures from Altima. The Knight carefully went to collect them himself, only to be surprised at the autonomous movement.

"The internal skeleton is composed of Vitrum Flexile mesh... You can reprogram inside."

Though brief, he trusted Altima. The immortal Knight would walk back to the Temple and down its staircase, trailed by the four clones ordered to follow him.

BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoltAscendent » Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 pm

The witch crackled and shuddered, materializing a physical form again. Even still, raw and unrestrained fear oozed through her body. She was Fear, after all. She sat in the air and popped her neck, letting them say what they would. The fight was over, it was time to limit herself again.
My life is just a long series of "it seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together.