Expedition

User avatar
Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Re: Expedition

#31

Post by Swix » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:30 pm

While the kobolds kept chanting "Punch the meanies!" Savannah dismounted from Beauty and patted the Spinosaur on the snout. "Keep an eye on things up here, girl" She told the dinosaur, whistling to get her to stand guard there before going down and entering the area herself.

User avatar
TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 456
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 4:00 am
Contact:

Re: Expedition

#32

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Grog enters next. The look on his face seems very intent - uncommon for the otherwise dim-witted strong-man.

User avatar
Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Re: Expedition

#33

Post by Jent » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Now this was an environment the homunculus could get comfortable with. The staircase went down a fair distance underground before widening out into a cave system. Sergius might be able to show off his potential to the others on this mission. "... So many vines without access to light," he noted along the rocky ceiling. Maybe they didn't need to photosynthesis-

"Another giant rock?"

Despite the tunnel widening once the group got to the bottom of the staircase, one of the more treaded paths was blocked by a large statue with similar carving designs as seen above. It nearly blocked the entire opening in its mass.

User avatar
Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Re: Expedition

#34

Post by Swix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:09 am

"Huh. Haven't seen cave vines for a while" Savannah noted, runnjng her fingers along the plants as they walked down to the underground entrance and founder another intricate carving. "Odd"she commented as sbe looked it over.

User avatar
TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 456
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 4:00 am
Contact:

Re: Expedition

#35

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Grog: Grog feel all this strange. But Grog going to punch meanies. ::Grog goes forth and starts deconstructing this barrier....violently::

User avatar
Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Re: Expedition

#36

Post by Jent » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 pm

The sheer destruction went about as one would expect from the hulking humanoid. Grog's muscular force shattered the large obstacle into many far smaller rocks and dust. Glittery dust, like if one smashed a gemstone. "Huh," Sergius noted, walking back to allow enough room for the carnage to go unhindered.

"... So not booby-trapped I think. Nor do I hear anyone running up after us."

The homunculus wanted to get out of this linear path into the proper chambers down below. More space for him to work effectively. Though if anyone paid attention, some of the broken stones stirred slightly in place.

User avatar
BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:00 am
Location: The Void
Contact:

Re: Expedition

#37

Post by BoltAscendent » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Zerexe stood back a bit, making sure nothing ambushed them. She hadn't seen the stones moving yet, but she was on guard and would probably catch them quickly, as she was in the hallway.

User avatar
Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Re: Expedition

#38

Post by Swix » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:37 pm

"Doesn't necessarily mean it's not booby trapped though" Savannah said, after watching the smashing. Wow. "But, we gotta investigate, right?"

User avatar
Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Re: Expedition

#39

Post by Jent » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 pm

"Not from that former statue Grog demolished. I'd figure something like that would have at least explosives hidden inside it."

Right. Probably not the best idea to mention of potential cave-ins. As far as they and kobolds know, this was the only entrance out from underground. Sergius didn't know all the techniques everyone had, but he rather not try digging back up. "So... Let's keep going down?"

User avatar
Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Re: Expedition

#40

Post by Swix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Savannah nodded "Yeah, let's keep going diwn" Her expression had changed to one of a bit more seriousness and concern at hearing the word 'explosives' though. She sure as heck wasn't gonna survive that.

User avatar
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:00 am

Re: Expedition

#41

Post by Game Master » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 pm

In their currently undisturbed trek, the group would finally come across something quite notable. An utterly massive underground ravine stretched from their left and right hand side, seemingly endless from where they stood. The opening branched out of its cliff side to several wooden bridges-well, a type of lumber felled from a sturdy variant of vine stock-to adjacent tunnel exits.

Looking down, glowing rocks lit up the otherwise inescapable darkness below. It appeared to be a type of humanoids scattering about with their duties. Definitely not kobold; they held greater similarities to a small walking hedge bush. And those of keener sight than the rest might describe them as goblinoid, no, more like short trolls. With their pointed ears, longer limbs as they occasionally hopped around, and a root-like tail. All of them were shades of green and brown.

User avatar
Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Re: Expedition

#42

Post by Swix » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm

"... Looks like a load of walking hedges" The human commented as she stared down at the people going about their business. "... They... don't seem that mean. From up herr. Though that doesn't mean they're not" **She sighed and brought her implant up to her eyes, tapling on the air on a screen only she coukd see before her flak armour and rex skull helmet appeared on her body in an oddly digital manner, followed by her crossbow, before then lowering the wrist and the light that had been shining directly into her irises dulled. "Just a precaution" Nervous smile.

User avatar
Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Re: Expedition

#43

Post by Jent » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:49 pm

"Looks can be deceiving. Trust me," Sergius reminded the human woman. It felt odd, though they appeared vaguely familiar to the homunculus. He couldn't quite place why while shifting into his crobot form. "I'll try to get a closer view."

Unsure what kind of tech Savannah utilized-perhaps some sort of visual identification. Serigus swooped down low on his dual pairs of wings, staying close to the rocky walls to avoid detection.

User avatar
Swix
Moderator
Moderator
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

Re: Expedition

#44

Post by Swix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm

"Alright" the human woman said, perfectly happy to wait up here to see what the shapeshifter would find.

User avatar
BoltAscendent
Evil Council Headmaster
Evil Council Headmaster
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:00 am
Location: The Void
Contact:

Re: Expedition

#45

Post by BoltAscendent » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:46 am

Zerexe leaned over the side, sniffing at the air as she tried to track what was going on by scent. If she got lucky, maybe she could even place the scent, though with this world, she had her doubts. The golden woman made sure to point at Grog, then down beside her on the floor, like giving a dog an order When it came time to punch things, Grog would be close and ready, but this needs a bit more...shall we say...tact than that.

Post Reply